anti windup bars or no and about coils | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anti windup bars or no and about coils

Wlxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Louis, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport 4X4
I discovered one anti windup bar missing and have one, Usually they come in pairs both sides. Does this effect the drivability on the road vs off road? Should I delete one or two of the anti windup bars?

And about coils. I installed one accell coil and my truck did not performed. So I returned the coil for a new one thinking maybe the coil was defective. Is it okay to mis match the coils, would this make a difference? I want to try one out to see difference to have two new coil packs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you don't have a misfire the new coils won't help.

You either have enough spark for combustion... Or you don't.

I'm pretty sure if you have the 5.0 there was only one Anti windup bar installed on the rear axle from the factory but the 5.0 guys can chime in on this one.

They came with two

I do not know how to post pictures when I reply for this forum. I just got a new anti windup bar for the driver side. I can’t use it right away, I will need brackets and bolts. In addition, I think driver side anti wind up bar was deleted because a brake line is in the way of the front bracket holes slightly If anyone knows if it is okay to bend or move the line out of the way to install the front bracket?

You have a '94 with anti-windup bars? Are you lifted really high, or running lots of power? I'd like to see your setup

Apparently I have not updated the forum here since the 94 manual. Since then I’ve gone through that and a 2000 and now a 99 and it is lifted, 5.0L. The question now should I run new lines or move out of the way of the front bracket holes?

Or just leave the set up with just one anti windup bar on the passenger side?

The driver side bracket has provision to hold the ebrake cable. It pulls it away from the frame a bit, there is room for both the bolts and cable.

I do not know how to send pictures on this forum? I've tried with computer and phone. I just got out today to a junk yard, a front bracket and just need to find the rear bracket bolts for the anti windup bar. I'm looking at the front bracket and the hole for the parking brake, seems I may have to take apart and put back together to fit into the hole. The existing bracket seems much simpler with no bolt slot for the anti windup bar on the driver side. Wondering now once I install the windup bar, for off road duty, would it be in the way or would I better benefit more the direction for better handling. If not, optionally, I could delete both sides for the anti windup bar. This situation can ;be an opinionated decision for stock repairs and development and or custom preference

I'm pretty sure if you have the 5.0 there was only one Anti windup bar installed on the rear axle from the factory but the 5.0 guys can chime in on this one.
Which vehicle do you have for your

May I ask what your setup for your vehicle type and are your running two or one anti windup bar?

I'm running a 4.0 (always have) which had no anti wind up bars I just thought that the 5.0 ex's I've been under I only recall seeing one on one side but I really can't help you as I'm not really sure of it sorry man turdle would be more your guy to talk to he has a 5.0 and knows alot about them.

I've been under my 5.0 numerous times... It has one anti-windup bar on each side. Though I've been wondering how badly I really need them...

Back