SYNC 3 latest version | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

After a few days of using the SYNC3 v3.0 2nd build, there are clearly some bug fixes in the new version as its noticeably smoother and CarPlay seems better integrated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed v 3.0 on my '17 Platinum tonight. It seems to be working fine. I did a master reset which and the entire process took about 30 minutes. I like the heated steering wheel icon front and center. I haven't played around with much else though. Does anyone have a line to the feature changes between 2.0 and 3.0?

I installed v 3.0 on my '17 Platinum tonight. It seems to be working fine. I did a master reset which and the entire process took about 30 minutes. I like the heated steering wheel icon front and center. I haven't played around with much else though. Does anyone have a line to the feature changes between 2.0 and 3.0?

I have NEVER seen Ford release a feature update document like Apple does.....would be nice.

They often list a couple of features but never a change document.

The update didn't work for me. I tried it about 6 times throughout the day. I downloaded it from the North America mirror for the nav version. I tried two different USB sticks, one 32GB & one 64GB. Both formatted ExFat. Each time, the update got to the first Installation Complete popup that comes about 5 minutes in. It never goes beyond that, no matter how long I wait. I tried leaving it alone for 30 minutes & I tried selecting Close. It just would not continue. Prior to the update, I did a master reset & did that each time I restarted.

The update didn't work for me. I tried it about 6 times throughout the day. I downloaded it from the North America mirror for the nav version. I tried two different USB sticks, one 32GB & one 64GB. Both formatted ExFat. Each time, the update got to the first Installation Complete popup that comes about 5 minutes in. It never goes beyond that, no matter how long I wait. I tried leaving it alone for 30 minutes & I tried selecting Close. It just would not continue. Prior to the update, I did a master reset & did that each time I restarted.

Did you upgrade from MFT to SYNC3?....because 2016 MY doesn't have SYNC3

Did you upgrade from MFT to SYNC3?....because 2016 MY doesn't have SYNC3
Yes, I did the upgrade a few months ago using a head unit from 4D Tech

That is weird it didn't work, I took the USB I used for my Ex Sport and used it on my 16 Focus with SYNC3 and again no issues, and significant improvement noticeable.

Could the files somehow not unzipped properly?

That is weird it didn't work, I took the USB I used for my Ex Sport and used it on my 16 Focus with SYNC3 and again no issues, and significant improvement noticeable.

Could the files somehow not unzipped properly?

I downloaded the zip file & then double-clicked to open it which brought up an explorer window with the folder & 2 files. I dragged them to the USB drive. Did you use the North American mirror?

I downloaded the zip file & then double-clicked to open it which brought up an explorer window with the folder & 2 files. I dragged them to the USB drive. Did you use the North American mirror?

I'm not sure, I don't understand what North American Mirror is.

I used the GoogleDocs link from the Mustang site posted here.

Chose the Navigation version.

This one......

Nav version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...h3c0dEVWc/view

I'm not sure, I don't understand what North American Mirror is.

I used the GoogleDocs link from the Mustang site posted here.

Chose the Navigation version.

This one......

Nav version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...h3c0dEVWc/view
A mirror is another site that has the files and that site is within North America which used to mean it might be a faster download for someone in the states or allow the file to be downloaded if your company/isp/firewall rules don’t allow downloading from other countries. I’ll check out your link when I get home. Thanks :)

I downloaded the files from that link & still encountered the problem. I'm going to get a new flash drive & next weekend I will do the 20 minute battery disconnect & try again.

I've went through the update process twice. Allowed the files to upload - took FOREVER. Get the message saying files were updated and changes will take place the next time I start the vehicle. However, my Sync version still shows 2.0 when I look in up through the menu. I also get an error message on my phone periodically that the developer of "Destinations" needs to update it to work properly with iOS 11. Anyone run into these issues or have ideas?

I've went through the update process twice. Allowed the files to upload - took FOREVER. Get the message saying files were updated and changes will take place the next time I start the vehicle. However, my Sync version still shows 2.0 when I look in up through the menu. I also get an error message on my phone periodically that the developer of "Destinations" needs to update it to work properly with iOS 11. Anyone run into these issues or have ideas?
Did it reboot any time during the install? Mine never rebooted.

Mine didn't reboot either, it just pops up with a window saying successful software update.

Again the engineers who produce the updates allow for very little user notification that the software is being updated. With other manufacturers of vehicles, computers, smartphones, at least you see some type of GUI telling you the status of the update.

Mine didn't reboot either, it just pops up with a window saying successful software update.

Again the engineers who produce the updates allow for very little user notification that the software is being updated. With other manufacturers of vehicles, computers, smartphones, at least you see some type of GUI telling you the status of the update.
The problem is, it doesn’t actually update. You remove the USB drive & leave the car off for more than 5 minutes & it’s still version 2.2

The problem is, it doesn’t actually update. You remove the USB drive & leave the car off for more than 5 minutes & it’s still version 2.2

Heck, I'm still stuck at version 2.0...

You had same results when you tried the other download link from Google?

You had same results when you tried the other download link from Google?
Yes. That’s why I’m going to get a new usb drive & do a 20 minute battery disconnect before I try again next weekend.

It took at least 10 minutes for the updates to start on mine. It appeared as nothing was happening until it started.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It took at least 10 minutes for the updates to start on mine. It appeared as nothing was happening until it started.
Mine takes a few minutes to start but then it says Updating System Software. Then sometimes 5 minutes later, sometimes 15 minutes later, I get the pop up that installation is complete & to remove the usb Drive. I have ignored that every time sometimes for at least 30 minutes but it doesn’t go away. I finally select Close & wait another 10 to 20 minutes before finally turning off the car. The update never takes. Next time I start the car, it’s still at version 2.2

Back