SYNC 3 latest version | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

There was also a icon near the top right corner. I was driving home and when I clicked on it, it presented with a popup message something to the effect of your upgrade was success, do you want to see update notes. I didn't click on it and it disappeared, so if someone else tries this, please see if you can get a screenshot of what happens next. Dying to know what the new version has.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sync 3 version 2.3 is available for download. If not done automatically then you can download it to your computer and then to a USB drive (Fat32). Not sure how long it takes to load into the Explorer. The standard notice of allowing 60 minutes still shows on the site.

Peter

Kmarnes gracias y saludos desde Nicaragua, Verion 3.0 de Sync actualizado con éxito en mi Limited 2016, mi versión anterior fue 2.2, saludos Pedro, saludos a todos

It would be interesting to know if there's any real difference between the official v2.3 that's now available and the unofficial v3.0 that's been floating around long before.

My '16 Lariat has a notice to download v2.3, but I'm not going backwards since v3.0 is in the '18 Expeditions, Explorers etc. and some Lincolns. So personally I won't be able to answer that.The v3.0 Build 17276 was just updated on Nov.7.

Well I downloaded the latest version from the my ford web site....... followed the instructions extracted the files to a usb...... started the vehicle inserted the drive....... got stuck on updating for two hours....... drove home turned off the vehicle, took out the usb started the vehicle and checked the sync version which was still 2.0, and sync is working like always. Anybody had success installing it?

I don't believe Sync 3, V3.0 was officially released for downloading by owners of Explorers. It was and I believe is still a dealer install only.

Peter

3.0 is not officially available at all for 17 models year fords. The dealer can't do 3.0

2.3 was just released last weekend for 17 Nav equipped vehicles. Hopefully coming soon for non nav.

I have 2.3 loaded onto a USB drive but not having much luck in getting somewhat of a definitive answer on how long it takes to load into the Ex.

Peter

Kmarnes gracias y saludos desde Nicaragua, Verion 3.0 de Sync actualizado con éxito en mi Limited 2016, mi versión anterior fue 2.2, saludos Pedro, saludos a todos

I have 2.3 loaded onto a USB drive but not having much luck in getting somewhat of a definitive answer on how long it takes to load into the Ex.

Peter
It took me 16 minutes to install 3.0 on mine. 2.3 or any other version will likely take an equal amount of time. It could depend on the USB stick. The data involved is approximately 1.5GB.

Please don't put me on Live PD for the v3.0 download

It took me 16 minutes to install 3.0 on mine. 2.3 or any other version will likely take an equal amount of time. It could depend on the USB stick. The data involved is approximately 1.5GB.
Thank you. I have about a 20-25 minute trip on Monday evening. I'll give it a try then.

Peter

With sync3 you can just put your USB in and drive and make your normal stops etc. You can shut the vehicle off during the install process and it will just pick up where it left off.

With sync3 you can just put your USB in and drive and make your normal stops etc. You can shut the vehicle off during the install process and it will just pick up where it left off.
Good to know as there will be a return trip of the same distance/time on the way home. Thanks Jason.

I just got a System download on my Limited with Sync 3, that came through my home Wi-Fi. The system update went from version 2.2, build 16280, to version 2.3, build 17109.

The Ex did this all by itself, yeah.

Gonna try the usb update from ford again...... didn’t work yesterday........

Ok I finished my upgrade to Sync 3 v3 Build 17276. It did not work the first three attempts. Each time the car was left on for over an hour. I did the soft and hard resets and no dice. I decided to try modifying the lst file to do one step of the install at a time and it worked. It did require me to use my laptop in the car so I could modify the file and but it back onto the USB stick to move to the next step. It completed the install in about 20 minutes total.

I would not recommend what I did unless you are comfortable modifying config files. Also, this method was first noted on another forum site but I can’t remember where I saw it. I’m not the discoverer for this method. Use caution if going down this path!

That's weird - just download, unzip the Sync folder, transfer to USB, install which took about 15-18 minutes for nav. no modifying needed. Glad you knew what to modify. Do you have non-nav? Heard that's a 2 step install.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the other gotcha was that some didn’t format as exFAT.

Back