Clearing MyKey Settings Problems | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clearing MyKey Settings Problems

Thanks Peter, I'll check around the threads ... I plan to go a dealer soon so if I haven't figured it out I'll surely have them check it out. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2014 Explorer 4wd limited only came with 1 key. it is not the admin key and it has mykey restrictions. besides paying my local dealer $400, do I have any other options? my explorer has the myford touch system.
Somebody please help

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
It may be a little late now but I would not have accepted a single key. If it was me, I'd go back and insist that they provide a 2nd key especially since the admin key is missing and you require 2 keys to do programming. Also, if it was a local vehicle, someone may still have the key to it.

Peter

I have had the vehicle for almost a year now. These settings just turned on one day. When I asked the dealership where I bought it from they said I had to buy another key and have it programmed.

I don't want to have to pay over $400 to fix this, but don't know what to do.

Thanks for the reply.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
It may be a little late now but I would not have accepted a single key. If it was me, I'd go back and insist that they provide a 2nd key especially since the admin key is missing and you require 2 keys to do programming. Also, if it was a local vehicle, someone may still have the key to it.

Peter

I have had the vehicle for almost a year now. These settings just turned on one day. When I asked the dealership where I bought it from they said I had to buy another key and have it programmed.

I don't want to have to pay over $400 to fix this, but don't know what to do.

Thanks for the reply.
You should have a 2nd key anyway. If they won't provide one see if they will go 50/50. A few members have bought keys off Internet sites like eBay but you will in all likelihood still have to get the dealer to program it.

Peter

Back