Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Installed mine today. You would definitely notice a difference in the glossy, scratch free panel of a new one as opposed to the old stuff. Hopefully the dealership took care of it for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have tried to use the external keypad several times with intermittent success. When I go to the My Ford Touch Screen to add a code it does not accept the factory code after pressing 'enter' it goes back to starting screen for Securicode.
I have verified the factory sticker and still nothing .
Any ideas ?

Does the 'Lock' code work every time or is it also intermittent? Not sure about the MFT part as I've never changed the code from the factory one. I do know there are posts here where others have had issues trying to program a different code or getting it to accept a code at all.

Peter

The external lock code is very intermittent. I'm not trying to change the factory code,but to use MFT to add a code, which you need the factory code . The factory code is not accepted at the programming sequence to to get to the add/delete code sequence.

Installed mine today. You would definitely notice a difference in the glossy, scratch free panel of a new one as opposed to the old stuff. Hopefully the dealership took care of it for you.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but my keypad is also defective. Some of the number don't work but others do. Just wondering how the install went, was it easy and was it only the DB5Z-7820555-AC part that was needed?

Thanks

Hey xxboarderxx,

The install was fairly easy for me. The hardest part was removing the interior door panel but I used this website as a cheat sheet. (Ford Explorer Interior Door Panel Removal Guide - 2011 To 2015 Model Years - Picture Illustrated Automotive Maintenance DIY Instructions) Removing the actual Securicode panel or "applique" as it is known, is really easy. Just start at the top, take a plastic non-marring tool and work your way down. There are 2 strips of 3M tape holding it on and a couple clips. Work the tool down each side of the 3M tape and it removes easy. Use the tool or just pull at the clip points to remove them. When removing mine at the middle clip point, the panel snapped in 2 pieces. So you may want to wear gloves when pulling as the plastic was sharp where it snapped off. If it does snap, it is actually easier to work with.

Once removed, roll your thumb down on the excess 3M tape that's left over. It comes off easily, basically just rub it off. Now, the securicode panel is connected to the computer by a wire that connects in the middle of the door. There is a plastic covering on the interior door panel, peel back the plastic and giggle to the wire from the securicode panel and you'll feel the connecter up in the door. I was able to remove the old and reattach the new with one hand up in the panel. Basically unclip the old panel (unhook the battery before this to be safe) and pull the wire up. Run the new wire down and then align the panel, remove the tape covering and snap the clips into place. Press up and down the panel to ensure the new 3M grips. Then reach up in the door panel and attach the new one. At this point, reattach your vehicle battery and your factory code will work. Replace the plastic covering for the door and reattach the interior door panel.

That's pretty much it and you'll save about $300 of labour for the install fee. Mine still works perfect to this day. I bought the part on EBay.ca from seller big-3-oem-auto-parts. He has the part for sale for $175.50 USD today. The listing title is "2011-2016 Ford Explorer Front LH Driver Door Keypad Trim new OEM DB5Z-7820555-AC".

I actually have some photos and video of the process...but I have no idea how to upload those to this site. Hopefully this is helpful to you. Good Luck!

.........I actually have some photos and video of the process...but I have no idea how to upload those to this site. Hopefully this is helpful to you. Good Luck!
Taking out an Elite membership will allow you to post directly from your device. As shown at the top of the page, until Nov. 30th you can get 2 years for the price of 1.
You can also find a 3rd party hosting site and link to it but those pictures are not saved to out servers and can disappear at any time. An Elite membership also goes to help support the site.

Peter

Hey xxboarderxx,

The install was fairly easy for me. The hardest part was removing the interior door panel but I used this website as a cheat sheet. (Ford Explorer Interior Door Panel Removal Guide - 2011 To 2015 Model Years - Picture Illustrated Automotive Maintenance DIY Instructions) Removing the actual Securicode panel or "applique" as it is known, is really easy. Just start at the top, take a plastic non-marring tool and work your way down. There are 2 strips of 3M tape holding it on and a couple clips. Work the tool down each side of the 3M tape and it removes easy. Use the tool or just pull at the clip points to remove them. When removing mine at the middle clip point, the panel snapped in 2 pieces. So you may want to wear gloves when pulling as the plastic was sharp where it snapped off. If it does snap, it is actually easier to work with.

Once removed, roll your thumb down on the excess 3M tape that's left over. It comes off easily, basically just rub it off. Now, the securicode panel is connected to the computer by a wire that connects in the middle of the door. There is a plastic covering on the interior door panel, peel back the plastic and giggle to the wire from the securicode panel and you'll feel the connecter up in the door. I was able to remove the old and reattach the new with one hand up in the panel. Basically unclip the old panel (unhook the battery before this to be safe) and pull the wire up. Run the new wire down and then align the panel, remove the tape covering and snap the clips into place. Press up and down the panel to ensure the new 3M grips. Then reach up in the door panel and attach the new one. At this point, reattach your vehicle battery and your factory code will work. Replace the plastic covering for the door and reattach the interior door panel.

That's pretty much it and you'll save about $300 of labour for the install fee. Mine still works perfect to this day. I bought the part on EBay.ca from seller big-3-oem-auto-parts. He has the part for sale for $175.50 USD today. The listing title is "2011-2016 Ford Explorer Front LH Driver Door Keypad Trim new OEM DB5Z-7820555-AC".

I actually have some photos and video of the process...but I have no idea how to upload those to this site. Hopefully this is helpful to you. Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply Eyespy! I will have to sit down later tonight and really work through what you are saying but it sounds doable. Originally, I went to the dealership and they wanted $150 to first diagnose the problem. Then the part was about $350 taxes in and 3 hours to install. Add all of that up and you are looking at close to $900 for the job. No thanks!

If you have pictures, I would certainly love to see them. I can PM you my personal email if you are up for sending them.

Cheers!

Hello all. I just recently found this forum and was looking for some help.
My 2011 Explorer Limited keypad has been on the fritz! It’ll lock just fine light up just fine but when it comes to unlocking forget about it!!
So far 2 dealers have said I’m out of warranty and they can’t help unless I first buy their magical warranty which will then give them the blessings of working on it for me.
Has anybody been able to get this working properly for the least amount and hassle??
Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is absolutely no need to buy a warranty to have this fixed. It is just like anything else that breaks down. Any dealer can do a diagnostic on it, which you pay for, and determine what is wrong with the pad. Some members have replaced it themselves but it does include removing the inner portion of the 'B' pillar if I recall correctly.
I have moved your thread to this existing one which has a post (#109) with a link on replacing it.

Peter

Two of my buttons have stopped working and consequently I can't use it. I am looking into replacing it, the dealer wanted about $500 for parts and labor. I am fairly good with repairs, but I cannot seem to find the right part through rockauto or internet search. The one that looks like it is the one is for a fusion. Any one know the part number for a 2012 Explorer Limited? Or a video of how to repair? Suggestions?

Two of my buttons have stopped working and consequently I can't use it. I am looking into replacing it, the dealer wanted about $500 for parts and labor. I am fairly good with repairs, but I cannot seem to find the right part through rockauto or internet search. The one that looks like it is the one is for a fusion. Any one know the part number for a 2012 Explorer Limited? Or a video of how to repair? Suggestions?
Welcome to the Forum marc.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this one found using the handy 'Search' feature (upper right).
See posts 106 and 109. I believe that one member mentioned having to remove the interior pillar panel but the one in post 109 mentioned it is just plug and play. Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum marc.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this one found using the handy 'Search' feature (upper right).
See posts 106 and 109. I believe that one member mentioned having to remove the interior pillar panel but the one in post 109 mentioned it is just plug and play. Good luck.

Peter
Thank you, I will check it out.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is absolutely no need to buy a warranty to have this fixed. It is just like anything else that breaks down. Any dealer can do a diagnostic on it, which you pay for, and determine what is wrong with the pad. Some members have replaced it themselves but it does include removing the inner portion of the 'B' pillar if I recall correctly.
I have moved your thread to this existing one which has a post (#109) with a link on replacing it.

Peter
Thank you

I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT, and was given the factory keypad code. After MANY tries and frustrations, I was able to finally add a personal code that I can remember. No idea why it was so difficult to add a code - the process on MyTouch seems simple enough, but I had to try repeatedly (using the same exact steps every time) before the new code was finally accepted. Anyway... now the problem is that when I enter either code on the keypad, I can't get them to work. Is there some secret? Do you have to hit the numbers in a particular spot? I hate that each button has two numbers on it, because I can't tell whether I'm hitting the right one. I have verified tgat the codes are correct, but apparently can't seem to get them entered properly. Can anyone help before I just decide to put my fist through the window? Yes, I could unlock using the remote, but frustration is getting the best of me. The keypad feature is there, so I should be able to use it. Grrrrr.....
Old thread but a thought for those that have the problem.
I had factory code and could add and change codes in myford system but pad still wouldn't work with new code or factory code. I carefully played with the keypad watching the indicator lights. Some keys would register multiple entries with one push, others registered no input, others seemed fine. I programmed a code consisting of only those numbers that were consistent. It worked like a charm. Problem was a faulty keypad. Solution was $125 for a new one or a code using the numbers that worked consistently. May eventually replace but just using a new code for now. So for those having a problem, try observing the keypad and finding a number that works consistently on the pad and the choose a 5 digit code using only that number. If it works you have the same two options as I.

Welcome to the Forum Ken.:wave:
Thanks for that tip.

Peter

Hi all.
I hope you guys can help.

I my touch door keypad lights up but doesnt work. I always thought that i had the wrong code, so i took it to ford and they got the stock code for it, but confirmed the door key pad is bad. $400 they said to replace. Any ideas what could be going on here? Im assuming i can change this myself for less money.

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back