Our Colorado Trip - It Hurts, But Did You Die? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Our Colorado Trip - It Hurts, But Did You Die?

Well, not to ruffle feathers, while the trails are awesome, and the views spectacular, the best part , to me anyway, of any meet is the conversation around the campfire. Hotels don't allow those. I can get a hotel in Kansas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only reason for camping is to save $$ on a trip like this. That and being together as a group for after the trails, to yuck it up around a fire after a meal. KOA provides this. Showers, security for belongings while away, centrally located, and only a few mins to civilization. (& ice cream)

Personally, I want to go there for the trails, and to experience the majestic Mtn's as much as possible. Like everyday, all day. More than likely, I wouldn't pack anything besides lunch food. Ouray has plenty of great places to dine at nightly.

Well, not to ruffle feathers, while the trails are awesome, and the views spectacular, the best part , to me anyway, of any meet is the conversation around the campfire. Hotels don't allow those. I can get a hotel in Kansas.

I would have to agree with both points of view. I do really enjoy the trails and exploring the areas and scenery "lesser vehicles" can't get to, but being able to share those experiences around a campfire with friends is really awesome.

A less than primitive campsite with facilities such as showers, electricity, and water (along with a location near enough a town for supplies and dining) could serve all purposes.

Yep, and KOA provides all of that. Group runs are way different, than a few of us going out for a few days.

I said hotel "IF" I could. I said campfires with the group as well, jeez.

If I am going to spend thousands of dollars to go see the San Juan Mtn's, then that's what I plan on doing. Yucking it up after the day, can be done anywhere we can gather. Out dining, around a campfire, it doesn't matter.

We did the nasty primitive cold raining camping this year. We hardly got to see anything, and spent 80% of the time on our ***** at camp. I'm ready to spend 80% of my time on the trails. That's just me personally. You guys do what you want. :)

I like the camp fire deal but would rather trail ride more. Being out on trails is always so much better then the fire discussion after word is awesome. I do agree with gman about being on trial more then in the camp.

Looking forward to next year. Not sure I will be there for the whole week but I will be out there with you all. Want to meet others with an Explorer that loves trails. Jeeps are OK but just WAY to many here in Colorado LOL

come on, you know you will have a great trail ride when you need a winch to get to your camping spot. So since I am back with a 2nd gen it will be a goal to get her ready for CCR 18

Tim

come on, you know you will have a great trail ride when you need a winch to get to your camping spot. So since I am back with a 2nd gen it will be a goal to get her ready for CCR 18

Tim
Hi Tim, wow, you need to settle down with one vehicle. That signature looks like a list of cars one of my friends used to have. I never could know what he was driving, he'd trade one in just by looking on some random lot, and stopping... The Lightning he had ten years back, turned into the newest Dodge 8 liter hemi four door truck. I don't know if he still has that either, he's slowing down too.

That is what my wife says. currently in the stable. We have 5 vehicles, 1971 Buick Sportwagon, 1984 Lincoln Town Car Signature, 1985 Crown Victoria 2 dr, 1999 Explorer XL, 2016 Chevy Impala limited, and a 2017 Lincoln MKZ awd. Then there is the Motorcycle, 2015 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide. My main concentration is on finishing the wagon, right now. hard this time of year with no garage. Thinking of putting the Crown Vic in storage till the wagon is done. Not going to sell it because they are too hard to find especially with under 70K miles.

Tim

Nice Tim, and is the MKZ a 3.0T model? That's my wish car in a few years, that 400hp Lincoln would be sweet. I'm slowly browsing for a 2014 model, V6 to see how I like the car day in and day out.

My MKZ is the 2.0 turbo. 250hp does get up and scoot. it is the second gen of the Focus ST motor which the ST hasn't gotten. It would have been nice if it was the 3.0 twin turbo.
Tim

Back