Help? Setting Dark Mode in 2017 to keep interior lights off when doors are opened? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help? Setting Dark Mode in 2017 to keep interior lights off when doors are opened?

I was able to turn it on using Forscan. When the doors open up only the accent lights turn on in the car (red in the cup holders and footwells).

Check the spreadsheet, the change to have it show up in the IPC didn't work for me though.
If your ambient lighting is red then that is the colour you have selected. I believe the default is light blue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to make my first post here a "bump".... but did anyone ever figure this out? I'm an investigator, and use my vehicle at night 99% of the time. The lack of a control for dome/courtesy/exterior lighting is completely mindblowing for me. I can't imagine why they'd remove the option for owners.

Regardless, I have Forscan and the proper cable... just don't know where to look to disable it (or enable the dark car mode).

Thanks!
Scott

Maybe you can rig up some sort of fuse bypass switch... flick a custom switch and all desired fuses are disabled. Good luck with the fusebox... it's the worst location of any car I've ever owned and with the 2016+, you'll be dealing with micro2/3 fuses, which are pretty new and can be hard to find, and also they are small. Would be a pretty fun project though.

Sorry to make my first post here a "bump".... but did anyone ever figure this out? I'm an investigator, and use my vehicle at night 99% of the time. The lack of a control for dome/courtesy/exterior lighting is completely mindblowing for me. I can't imagine why they'd remove the option for owners.

Regardless, I have Forscan and the proper cable... just don't know where to look to disable it (or enable the dark car mode).

Thanks!
Scott
Welcome to the Forum Scott.:wave:
Check out the following thread. When it comes up, go to the top right where the 'Search' feature is located. Open it and in the 'Search' field type Dark Car and then select 'Search this thread only' and hit search. You should come up with 22 posts that contain that phrase. Don't know off hand if any will answer your question. Member PlatinumOwner is one of our more experienced members in the use of Forscan. Good luck. That 'Search' feature can come in handy in finding existing threads. I usually select the 'more' button and use the page that comes up to conduct searches.

Peter

Thank you for the search primer PeterK9. :)

I didn't see a 'following thread' in your post to go search. But I'll go search some more and see if I can find it on my own. This particular thread brought it up, but made no mention of a solution.

Thanks again,
Scott

I was able to turn it on using Forscan. When the doors open up only the accent lights turn on in the car (red in the cup holders and footwells).

Check the spreadsheet, the change to have it show up in the IPC didn't work for me though.

Just wanted to confirm you got it to work using these settings on ForScan... Only because when the Dealer said it was enabled on their tool, it did not take effect on my '17. It did on the '16 though.

—Dark Mode 16-18MY BCM 726-32-01 xxxx x*xx xxzz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled

I did get it to work on my 17... But I had to change 2 addresses.

The quick change setting where I click enabled/disabled caused the headlights to flash a couple of times, but didn't actually enable dark mode.

I was able to successfully enable dark mode, kill the seat belt chime/light, etc.

Very happy. :)

For the ‘17 models “Dark Car” doesn’t do anything. You have to enable “Silent mode” aka Silent 5, In addition to Dark Car. Worked swimmingly with FORScan. Dealers could easily do it too.

Anyone test DarkMode can control in IPC, i read spreadsheet 2GFusion

Dark Car Mode (Police Option):

726-32-01 (2014+ MY) xxxx xXxx xxxx (BdyCM) 0 (Disabled - Default) 1 (Enabled)

720-04-01 (2015+ MY) xxxX xxxx xxxx (IPC) 0/1 (Disabled - Default) Note: Add a "4" to your stock value... i.e. 0=4, 1 = 5, 4/5 (Enabled)

My Explorer with IPC type 2. In last this weekend i will test this.

720-04-01 (2015+ MY) xxxX xxxx xxxx (IPC) 0/1 (Disabled - Default) Note: Add a "4" to your stock value... i.e. 0=4, 1 = 5, 4/5 (Enabled)

I figured it out just now. On the 2017 explorer to get all 4 menus (Nav, Climate, Phone and entertainment) the FORScan code is:
IPC 720-05-01 xxBx xxxx xxzz
The spreadsheet has an 8, but that removes the other menus. Place the letter B instead, it gave me all four.

I figured it out just now. On the 2017 explorer to get all 4 menus (Nav, Climate, Phone and entertainment) the FORScan code is:
IPC 720-05-01 xxBx xxxx xxzz
The spreadsheet has an 8, but that removes the other menus. Place the letter B instead, it gave me all four.

I was tried with B, i have all 4 menus.

hi, wondering if any lucky for this setting ? with the X to 1 to 5 in second line, you did added menu in IPC for Darkmode on/off ?

When i change X from 1 to 5 no lucky, IPC don't have Darkmode on/off but 1 feature of drive assist gone. i cancel Darkmode.

I Wil try this on my sisters 2018. What would be neat is a mode where it still functions as normal and doors still turn on the dome, but you can defeat it by pressing the dome button.

Back