2016 what Transmission works in my car | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 what Transmission works in my car

Maxy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited FWD
Hi
Have a 2016 Explorer Limited FWD 3.5L without turbo that was flood damaged.
So the transmission is not good in it and most be changed.

The transmission ID is DA8P-7000-CB and I found a Explorer 2014 tranny with ID DA5P-7000-DB and a DA8P-7000-NC

Will any of these work in my car? I searched but can'
Find any answers

Help is much appriciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi
Have a 2016 Explorer Limited FWD 3.5L without turbo that was flood damaged.
So the transmission is not good in it and most be changed.

The transmission ID is DA8P-7000-CB and I found a Explorer 2014 tranny with ID DA5P-7000-DB and a DA8P-7000-NC

Will any of these work in my car? I searched but can'
Find any answers

Help is much appriciated
Welcome to the Forum. Maxy.:wave:
According to the parts site none of those numbers register. What does is;
DA8Z-7000-K / Trans-Axle1
EXPLORER; 3.5L; FWD; W/ O TURBO $3,516.70
Automatic Transmission for 2016 Ford Explorer

Also, please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile for the current 2013 so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. The 2016 Limited can be added to a signature. Good luck.
BTW which trim is the 2014?

Peter

There are 3 transmissions.

6f50 (non-turbo motors without factory tow package).

6f55 (3.5l turbo models and non-turbo 3.5 w/o the factory tow package).

6f35 (I think it is the 35, this was in the 2.0 and 2.3L turbo motors).

So do you have the 3.5 or 2.3 in your limited? And do you have the factory tow package?

And Peter beat me to it

Thx
Can it be that they don' show up in the part list as they are 2014 models and not 2016 ?

I have seen when searching at the part list it only gives you the latest part number for a part ,not the older partnummber,even if I check my cars transmission ID it dont come up ,the obly nummbers that comes up is the one you sent in previous post.

Thx
Can it be that they don' show up in the part list as they are 2014 models and not 2016 ?

I have seen when searching at the part list it only gives you the latest part number for a part ,not the older partnummber,even if I check my cars transmission ID it dont come up ,the obly nummbers that comes up is the one you sent in previous post.
Here is the 2014 list; Automatic Transmission for 2014 Ford Explorer Part numbers have been known to change over time.

Peter

Hi i have 3.5l without turbo and dont think i have the tow package ?
Here is my vin 1FM5K7F83GGA86228

Hi so my car is without the TOW package and the DA5P-7000-DB transmission is from a Sport with tow package.
So its not possible to install a tow transmission into my car ?
Is my gear box 6F50 then?

Yes, you have the 6f50, sport has 6f55. I'm not sure whether they are interchangeable.

How can i check with if it is? Ford has no clue at all !

I'm guessing it would physically fit but the software is likely different, so it may or may not work as expected. Also a 6F55 transaxle will always have a PTU on it, whereas a 6F50 may or may not. I wouldn't risk it unless someone chimes in and says they've done it before.

Hi thx , whats a PTU?
I can program the new transmission and add the correct solinoid body data to the car if that helps?

PTU=Power Transfer Unit. It's the right angle drive gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels. All Explorers that use the 6F55 transaxle are all wheel drive, so they all have a PTU. The PTU can be taken off as a unit, but I'm not sure what other parts you might need...that passenger side driveshaft might be different. Not sure you can reprogram the computer. Perhaps others will know more.

Wait I may be wrong about that. There may be FWD tow package explorers that use 6F55. Those would not have a PTU.

Thx let's hope somebody answers that has tried it

Thx let's hope somebody answers that has tried it
As far as I know, no member here has ever posted about this kind of issue regarding interchanging transmission types. You may be better off contacting a transmission shop to get some feed back.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will try to find a 6F50 but here in Sweden Explorer/Flex/Escape are not sold so the used transmissions don' grow on threes here:)
I found DA8P-7000-NC and one MC also but don' know if that would work?

Back