Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

I also ordered a 2018 Explorer Platinum in Burgundy Velvet. I placed my order on August 10, and my Explorer was assembled on November 16, but COTUS continues to show status as "Awaiting Shipment." We're now getting close to having a full month elapse since production. My Explorer is just sitting somewhere in Chicago, collecting dust.

My dealership is doing the best they can to find out what's happening, but I'm still in the dark here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^^ Would love to see a picture of it when it arrives. I wonder if that colour will carry over or if it may be a one time colour like the White Gold I have? My next one should be a 2020 Explorer or MKX.

Peter

Just picked up a 2018 Sport today. I have a lot to learn/set up. Just wanted to say thank you to the members here for all the info!

^^^ Would love to see a picture of it when it arrives. I wonder if that colour will carry over or if it may be a one time colour like the White Gold I have? My next one should be a 2020 Explorer or MKX.

Peter

You mean an Explorer or Nautilus.

For the last few days the ETA of my Platinum does not show.
I hope it is still on track for early Feb. (or better...)

For the last few days the ETA of my Platinum does not show.
I hope it is still on track for early Feb. (or better...)
Same thing with my Sport. The order went in on November 27, and it was showing up in COTUS still in "Order Processing" with a tentative delivery date of January 26/18. As of Tuesday, it no longer has a date. I'm assuming it may have something to do with the Chicago plant holiday shutdown which may be impacting the production schedule and ETA's. I'm sure the dates will get sorted out over the next few days.

Same thing with my Sport. The order went in On November 27, and it was showing up in COTUS still in "Order Processing" with a tentative delivery date of January 26/18. As of Tuesday, it no longer has a date. I'm assuming it may have something to do with the Chicago plant holiday shutdown which may be impacting the production schedule and ETA's. I'm sure the dates will get sorted out over the next few days.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure why the dates are disappearing. I would think that the holiday period would have been taken into account when the initial date was assigned.:dunno:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure why the dates are disappearing. I would think that the holiday period would have been taken into account when the initial date was assigned.:dunno:

Peter
Thanks for the welcome. From everything that I've read, COTUS can be flakey and should be taken with a grain of salt, so I'm not overly concerned. Until I got the VIN from the dealer, it wouldn't accept my order data, because my dealer code was only 5 characters including the first alpha character, and COTUS insisted it needed to be 6. Regardless, it's still going to be cool to see it go through the stageseventually. I'd actually prefer a February delivery date rather than the original January date as I'm sure the incentives will be better due to the CIAS in Toronto. I still hate waiting though. :)

My 2018 Explorer Platinum is on its way. Almost a full month elapsed between the day it was built and the day it was loaded on a freight train in Chicago. Here are specifics:

Ordered on: 8/10/2017
VIN assigned: 9/15/2017
In production: 11/8/2017
Window sticker: 11/9/2017
Assembled: 11/16/2017
In Transit: 12/13/2017

Ford's computers estimate delivery on December 25. Merry Christmas!

I can't find the option for 2nd row console. with the bucket seats (Platinum) Anyone know what the add-on price for that was? I'm thinking 155.

The 2nd row console is $150.

I can't find the option for 2nd row console. with the bucket seats (Platinum) Anyone know what the add-on price for that was? I'm thinking 155.
SLE is correct. Did you go through the "Build & Price" feature on the Ford website? It is shown there under "Interior Options".

Peter

SLE is correct. Did you go through the "Build & Price" feature on the Ford website? It is shown there under "Interior Options".

Peter
I did it through build and price but did not see it.

I did it through build and price but did not see it.

Funny it showed up this time...may have been a web site goof??

anyway. Went out for bid to 4-5 dealers. Sending it out to another 5-6 dealers to quote on.

Now this is bizarre.
When I checked cotus this morning it gives the following message.

No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again.

Anybody else have the same issue?

Now this is bizarre.
When I checked cotus this morning it gives the following message.

No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again.

Anybody else have the same issue?

Just checked status of my 2018 Platinum and received the same error message from COTUS. It's likely a temporary glitch.

I had a few issues too searching by VIN. Had to refresh a couple of times before it showed up. Although the backup site cotusb.ford.com didn't have any issues. Still no new date though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems to be working now.

Back