• Register Today It's free!

Another Explorer Navigation Error

KW Carlson

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer Limited
I purchased a used Explorer Limited this past summer and rarely experienced nav errors so ignored them. Ironically, the error came back to bite me this past week as I was in Old Forge NY for the opening of snowmobile season. Temperatures were in the teens and 20s. Out of the blue I received a series of navigation faults and the loss of my USB inputs (on again - off again). Most folks in the forum seem to believe the problem is with the software V2.11. The car is at the dealer right now for repair but I'm not optimistic. Does anyone know what really causes the problem?

Thanks

KW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is super old software (V2.11 for MFT). In fact a 14 should have come with at least 3.X on it (thinking 3.6 or so). It also sounds like a connection issue with the USB ports. If you really are running V2.11 software for MFT there is something fishy in and of itself right there.

Looks like I have Sync2 V3.6. So the problem still exists with this software version. Is it a software or hardware issue? Does it ever really go away? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

KW

Looks like I have Sync2 V3.6. So the problem still exists with this software version. Is it a software or hardware issue? Does it ever really go away? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

KW
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
It won't go away if it is a connection issue with the port as Jason suggested as a cause. The latest Sync 2 version is V3.10.

Peter

Dealer called and advised that the USB/SD card panel is being replaced but more parts are needed so vehicle is to be held overnight. Hoping for good news in the morning. Will pass along the solution if indeed the problem is solved.

Thanks for your input

KW

I am getting MyFord Touch checked on 12/27 due to it black out and the USB would not work. The Ford Dealer thinks its wiring came loose. Fingers crossed.

The Explorer is now back in my hands and everything is working. I received new software, a new SD card, and a new media panel. I do love this machine when all is working.

Thanks all for your interest and good luck to the Hartford XLT owner.

KW

I am getting MyFord Touch checked on 12/27 due to it black out and the USB would not work. The Ford Dealer thinks its wiring came loose. Fingers crossed.
If your MFT screen goes blank there is a good chance that you will need a new APIM.

Peter

Back