Car tries to initiate phone call upon start up! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car tries to initiate phone call upon start up!

SEBASTIAN SZWONDER

Reaction score
City, State
stony point ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 EXPLORER SPORT
Not every time but most of the time when I frist start my car a few moments in the vehicle tries to initiate a phone call but fails. Any idea what it may ?
Settings in the car or phone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not every time but most of the time when I frist start my car a few moments in the vehicle tries to initiate a phone call but fails. Any idea what it may ?
Settings in the car or phone?
Welcome to the Forum. Sebastian.:wave:
Have you tried re-pairing the phone? Not sure what else to tell you since my non Smartphone isn't 'smart' enough to do that.;)
I'm sure someone will have a better idea.

Peter

Interesting. I thought I was the only one with that issue. I had to perform a master reset on sync 3 and repair phone for it to stop. I have no idea what triggered the issue.

Interesting. I thought I was the only one with that issue. I had to perform a master reset on sync 3 and repair phone for it to stop. I have no idea what triggered the issue.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You have Sync 3 in a 2014 Sport? Did you install it yourself?

Peter

I have the same problem with my 2017. It phones "0", and luckily it can't go through the cell company.
By the way , what is a master reset on the Sync 3?

Michael

So. Still a problem with a new twist (to me at least).
Does this even with no phone present. I was shoveling snow, with out my phone, and moved the Explorer. It tried to make a call.
Hoping the 3.0 update has this little bit of code removed, and I have done the 2.3 update and still have the problem.

So. Still a problem with a new twist (to me at least).
Does this even with no phone present. I was shoveling snow, with out my phone, and moved the Explorer. It tried to make a call.
Hoping the 3.0 update has this little bit of code removed, and I have done the 2.3 update and still have the problem.

I had similar problem before and its gone in v3.0

I did do a negative battery terminal disconnect for 20 minutes though.

I had this happen on my ‘17 Edge when I went to V2.2. I never disconnected the battery terminals but I know I tried a master reset at least once. If I disabled the auto download of my contacts/phonebook it seemed to stop doing it. The only bad thing about doing this is you can’t access the call history through sync either. This happened using both an iPhone 6s and 8.

I had this happen on my ‘17 Edge when I went to V2.2. I never disconnected the battery terminals but I know I tried a master reset at least once. If I disabled the auto download of my contacts/phonebook it seemed to stop doing it. The only bad thing about doing this is you can’t access the call history through sync either. This happened using both an iPhone 6s and 8.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I just upgraded to an iPhone X from iPhone 6 and now I too am getting this problem with it trying to dial “0” every time I start the car. I even unpaired the old phone first before pairing the new one. Never happened with the old phone. Can anyone confirm that a master reset fixes this?

Still more of a problem after the dealer did a reset with the battery. But it tries to phone BEFORE the phone is connected now...

Still more of a problem after the dealer did a reset with the battery. But it tries to phone BEFORE the phone is connected now...

Are you on v3.0 of SYNC3?.........should be gone.

Just updated to v3.0
will see if it fixes it. That is if my phone can re-connect. Disconnected just as I was getting to work, and would not re-connect.

Just updated to v3.0
will see if it fixes it. That is if my phone can re-connect. Disconnected just as I was getting to work, and would not re-connect.

I had to do a clean pairing

So, did a clean pairing, and... the stupid piece of code is still in the source code. Two call to "0" so far. Would be nice if the computer engineer would remove testing blocks before releasing the code....

I have this intermittent problem on my Samsung S8+ on Sync v3.0. Master reset and unpair didn't fix it. Why dial "0"?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My guess is dialing "0" is a piece of test code when a certain criteria is met. Most cell companies don't have an operator so "0" is a safe bet. I have had it try even when no phone is present.

Back