Recommended tuner for 2001 5.0 Explorer EQE3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended tuner for 2001 5.0 Explorer EQE3

jbrown1238

Reaction score
City, State
Largo Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ranger
I am looking for suggestions on reputable tuners for OBD ll. I have a pretty good custom tune but would like to have it polished up a bit and can supply data log files by e-mail as needed. Here is all the info I can think of on my current package.

1999 Ranger, 2wd regular cab with rebuilt 2001 Explorer 5.0 and EQE3 ECM.

306 cubic inch.
SCT X4 tuner.
Stock MAF and throttle body.
Torque Monster Headers.
Full custom 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust with x pipe and two Flow Master 44's.
GT40P heads, ported with Trick Flow springs, 1.6 rockers.
Ported GT40 upper and lower intake.
24 lbs injectors.
Comp Cams XE-264-HR cam.
Stock 2MAE crankshaft.
Scat I-beam rods.
Silvolite flat top Pistons.
All components weight match to + or - .5 grams
Rotating assembly Balanced with flywheel, clutch, and balancer.
1800 grams bob weight per cylinder
Using OEM Stock Explorer fan and front drive accessories.
Z spec T5 5 speed
3:55 gears
29 inch tire
Have over 150,000 miles on current package and existing tune.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What fly wheel, starter, balancer combination are you running to make work with stock computer?

What fly wheel, starter, balancer combination are you running to make work with stock computer?

I am using the standard Ford Racing flywheel for the 1993 Cobra. Ford Racing King Cobra clutch. I can't remember for sure which starter, I think it was 1993 Mustang as well but could be stock replacement for the 2001 Explorer. I tried to use OE replacement part numbers as much as possible with wear items. I can pull the receipt if you need the part number to be sure. 2001 5.0 Explorer balancer. The ECM had the auto trans functions programmed out.

The build info and photos are still available by googling "Life After the Terminator."

Back