Baby it’s cold outside! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Baby it’s cold outside!

I was kinda wondering too

Lol, same.

Also very cold here in central Pennsylvania. Not as cold as some of you other guys. This mornings real temp was 1*F, not sure what the wind chill was. About 4 days ago I went to use my washer fluid for the front and rear and nothing came out, even after driving around for a while. I'm guessing it's completely frozen so I haven't tried it since then. I topped off with some gas a few days ago and used the gross looking poop water they provide for cleaning windshields. I'd love for a day or two above 32 so I can try it again. I'm afraid of causing damage by continuously pressing the buttons.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been below -20 for almost a couple weeks now,, with a low of -44 feels like -53,,, ugh,,,,

Been below -20 for almost a couple weeks now,, with a low of -44 feels like -53,,, ugh,,,,
Do you start measuring it in Fahrenheit, when it goes below -40?

-40 is the same on both, after that it's just really cold

-40 is the same on both, after that it's just really cold
I know, it just sounds colder when you list it in Fahrenheit.

Oh ok, just so you feel the pain.

Coming from tonight here -23C/-11F, with high tomorrow -20C/-4F, to -27C/-17F at night and again the next day high and low before a short reprieve.

This ought to warm someone up.

Cheers.

Sorry was trying to load a couple pics and lost everything. So damn cold. And some people do not want to believe anything about Global Warming, Wind gusts to 40 mph today Well Sunday temps are supposed to be better Seem most of the country is in an Artic Freeze!!! Even my indoor temp displays are way off!!

brrr

IMG_3637[1].JPG

That's just wrong Corkey, I hate the + 30, don't want to mess with the other side. When I was in college I went outside to install my first stereo in my first car. I knew it was cold when I started, but wanted to get it going before school the next day. I finished after about 1AM, but they cancelled UT the next day, which almost never happens. I found out later it hit -24 that night. I had the engine running on and off for about three hours(good thing too, the anti-freeze wasn't good enough for that cold). We do dumb things when we are young.

Damn, that’s cold guys...I feel like a puss now cause we’re usually on the top side of zero around here, but I think the next couple days will be dipping on the negative side with the wind...does that count? haha

Little bit of snow today...
C7014E1B-F73F-4614-9D14-695C52A72938.jpeg

Yup even new cars scream murder. I used to transport cars years ago from the ports to dealerships. Some of the cars would have been sitting a few weeks, some more or less. Weird wurring noises and rattles. And I am only talking about -5 or -10 Fahrenheit

You would be amazed at the new noises you car can make when the temp gets that low.
Very true. As you know I went out on limb replacing a bad follower that wore my cam. My detached garage stays at 45 or so even though temps overnight have been in the single digit range. Starting in the garage is no problem - once it sits outside at work though, I get a one second little noise that my vigilant and easily distracted little brain immediately identifies as my replaced follower suffering a massive failure.

Then I pull myself back to reality and tell myself it's cold - really cold. Neither the engine nor the transmission nor the body itself are happy about the temp.

We have that in common so I cut it a little slack.

Every winter I tell myself I need to replace all 4 struts because they make weird noises when it gets cold.

Then when it warms up, they get quieter.
I probably need to replace the anyway, but freezing temperatures do something to the strut towers and seats, or whatever you call these things :)

Being that this thread is about the effects of bitter cold; everyone find the time to spray WD40 on all door seals. Spray the WD40 on an old rag, and wipe down the door seals and jambs. That will prevent doors from freezing shut if they have any moisture on the door seals, which could be from rain, snow, or high humidity. Do that each year early in the Winter.

How are you guys attaching pics? I've tried but not working I do not have any url for pics

As an Elite member, you can upload pictures straight from your PC.

GenevaIce01.jpg

Damn that looks pretty cold too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well looking at the current weather forecast. Tonight is the last supper cold day in this 3 week stretch ending at -28C, which makes vehicles really grone even those who turn over and start easily. This begs the question on engineering and design if they'll like this at my temp which are high temp in many areas of the country and normal is -30C to -45C then what. Do the wear out in two winters from wear and stress?

Back