push to start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

push to start

twobanger

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
xlt explorer
I have the push to start in my 2016 explorer and I read on the internet conflicting thoughts on making a extra push to start FOB. Go through the Ford instructions, my key, create mykey and it just stops. What is the truth? I'll be damned paying Ford $200 to program a new fob.

No expert on push to start as I have a good ol key. But aren't you mixing up MyKey with programming a new key? From what I gather you want to program a new key. Once it's programmed, assuming the key is good, then the car should treat it like all others (as it's paired with the transponder chip in the key). The manual should have instructions on how to program a new key, or check on here as there's at least a few posts describing how to do it. Youtube has videos as well.

I have a FOB without a visible key. The key is inside the FOB and does not flip out. Youtube has several posts on this and the 2016 owners manual says that this can be done by consumer through a series of locks, unlocks, push brake, etc.. Very frustrating.

I have a FOB without a visible key. The key is inside the FOB and does not flip out. Youtube has several posts on this and the 2016 owners manual says that this can be done by consumer through a series of locks, unlocks, push brake, etc.. Very frustrating.

Yes, there is a process to reprogram the key as the car has to go into programming mode, and honestly it's super easy to do and takes you about 1 minute max. If you find that too frustrating then I don't see any other option than having a dealer do it which undoubtedly will cost a lot of money.

Back