Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

thanks. spending a good amount of time reading up and planning what I'll be doing with the white 2013 XLT i recently picked up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

22b2196s-960.jpg

5b72196s-960.jpg

2f2196s-960.jpg

You got my idea on the leds on the front. Can you share information and pics with them on???

Also how do you like them???

Thanks in advance...

Here is my 2012 Ex Limited. I added 20% tint on the front pass/driver and then 15% on all the other windows. I also plasti dipped the grille and wheels. I included a before and after.

20160705_092307.jpg

2016-07-05_21.44.11.jpg

Did you have to replacee the whole grill to get rid of the FORD emblem?

This is one of the nicest explorers i've seen on here! :thumbsup:
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The Ford emblem, front and rear, can be removed. I believe the front is held on by 2 nuts and bolts. The rear may be 'stuck' on.
There are threads on this by members who have changed out the blue oval for another colour.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The Ford emblem, front and rear, can be removed. I believe the front is held on by 2 nuts and bolts. The rear may be 'stuck' on.
There are threads on this by members who have changed out the blur oval for another colour.

Thank You!! :)

Hey there,

Where did you get the 15' black handle covers from? i went thru so much headache to get mine painted.. hope they last but wanted to know about the 15' handle covers in case my paint falls apart. I also like how 15' and up has built in finger sensor.

Thank you!

-Jarvis

Im not as blacked out but close. I have 15MY black handles now.

36E12EA4-A576-44C6-A393-94D873F375F9.jpg

Hey there,

Where did you get the 15' black handle covers from? i went thru so much headache to get mine painted.. hope they last but wanted to know about the 15' handle covers in case my paint falls apart. I also like how 15' and up has built in finger sensor.

Thank you!

-Jarvis

Just ordered through any parts department.

Just ordered through any parts department.

Wow that is good to know considering bunch of reading I did led me to believe that no Ford will sell painted door handles separately.

How much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking? Since you converted to 15 handles, I am assuming you had to get the whole assembly for the front handles due to how touch sensor is built into the handles? While the rears you could just got the covers or did you get whole assembly for all four?

Wow that is good to know considering bunch of reading I did led me to believe that no Ford will sell painted door handles separately.

How much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking? Since you converted to 15 handles, I am assuming you had to get the whole assembly for the front handles due to how touch sensor is built into the handles? While the rears you could just got the covers or did you get whole assembly for all four?

Entire assembly for all four........its been a while but I believe they were around $150 each

Removal is very easy you should consider painting yours for much less

Back