'17 Sport SYNC3 Update - download request? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'17 Sport SYNC3 Update - download request?

missin44

Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
I just got a new '17 Sport and the SYNC3 is due an update from 2.0 to 2.3. I sent a download request via ford.com, it says it should take a few minutes to get a download link. It's been over 1/2 an hour. What's normal amount of time to wait between sending the request and getting the emailed download link?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
That's a looong time between posts. I'm on 2.0 and have not had any luck updating to V2.3 despite several attempts. I'm hoping that it may do the self automatic update via wifi in the near future. I don't know about the link you referred to. If I sign into owner.ford.com the download is there waiting to be put onto a USB drive.
If you no longer have the 2002 something or other, please add the 2017 Sport to your profile. Thanks.

Peter

They have been having site issues with SYNC downloads for SYNC3 for several weeks. They say they are working on it.

They have been having site issues with SYNC downloads for SYNC3 for several weeks. They say they are working on it.
Thanks, I got it to download this morning, but now having issues getting it to install.

Welcome to the club.:(
Thanks, as an FYI to others, the download worked this morning. the first install attempt failed, so I downloaded again and it went well.

I downloaded from the Ford Owner website on Friday with no problem. Took the stick out to vehicle and installed update with no problem. Differences, if any, haven't been obvious yet. Time will tell.

Also, could never get any update via wifi.

By the way, I did the down load using my Windows Vista laptop. It's so old, it's not supported any longer by anyone. It just stays in my closet. I use my Android tablet & phone for everything these dsys. LOL

Welcome to the club.:(
Finally got mine to complete the update. Only problem I have now is trying to report the update so my account won't show 2.0 any longer. Have tried several times with no luck. I have the XML file that the update installed on the USB but the update comes back as "unsuccessful, please try again later."

Peter

The report back through the USB/Internet has never worked for SYNC3. You have to let it do that via WIFI or contact a SYNC rep via phone/chat.

The report back through the USB/Internet has never worked for SYNC3. You have to let it do that via WIFI or contact a SYNC rep via phone/chat.
I'll see if it will update via WIFI. The SYNC rep was of no help. Not sure if the Ex has to be running for that. If not, it has been sitting in the garage all day where it can 'see' the connection and nothing has happened. Thanks Jason.

Peter

Didn't comment on this reporting back to Ford after the update before because I had no problem reporting it. I just returned to my old laptop, entered requested info, and it was done.

Again, never had luck with wifi.

Didn't comment on this reporting back to Ford after the update before because I had no problem reporting it. I just returned to my old laptop, entered requested info, and it was done.

Again, never had luck with wifi.
Perhaps I'll try my laptop instead of the desktop and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Peter

Hey all, i just purchased a 2018 Explorer XLT. How do i know what version I have on my Sync 3 and how do i download a update?
Thanks Steve.

Hey all, i just purchased a 2018 Explorer XLT. How do i know what version I have on my Sync 3 and how do i download a update?
Thanks Steve.
Press 'Settings' on the menu bar, then select 'General Setting' and scroll to the bottom of the next screen and select 'Sync'. Updates, if available, will show up for downloading on your Sync account. While you are in that last screen, you can also set up your WiFi connection. As far as I know, no one has yet to receive any update via WiFi but after I successfully updated mine to V2.3, that fact was reported back over WiFi during the next day or two. I take it you still have the 2013 Limited as well.

Peter

No, i do not have the 13. I throught i removed it already. is it still showing?
Thanks for the quick response.

No, i do not have the 13. I throught i removed it already. is it still showing?
Not any more. It did before, that's why I asked. Thanks for updating.

Peter

What, if any, are the advantages of going from 2.0 to 2.3?

Thanks

What, if any, are the advantages of going from 2.0 to 2.3?

Thanks
You will get the latest updates and improvements to Sync 3. That is from the Sync website. It doesn't go into any details. It's always best to have the latest version.
I haven't noticed any differences but then I don't use a Smartphone and all the things that it would allow one to do.

Peter

My 18 has 3.0 for SYNC 3. does that make sense to you ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 18 has 3.0 for SYNC 3. does that make sense to you ?
Yes. In fact I meant to ask a 2018 owner what version they were being shipped with. Now I/we know. V3.0 was a dealer only install for the 2017. It was never released as an owner install.

Peter

Back