Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Hi and thanks for reading.

I am in need of a stock head unit with working display for a mach stereo with console mounted cd changer. must have an RDS button on faceplate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those were 98-01's for sure, none before 98. It was also in some other 98+ Fords, Expeditions etc, I've read of.

Let me know if you find a repair source also. I have one spare and would like it fixed, I have the Dorman board that seems to not be a match. A smart repair person would be able to make it work, I also would like to add the RCA outputs if I could find the right tech. My primary Mach deck has the RCA outputs, but the man(Dave Miller) retired from doing that years ago.

Those were 98-01's for sure, none before 98. It was also in some other 98+ Fords, Expeditions etc, I've read of.

Let me know if you find a repair source also. I have one spare and would like it fixed, I have the Dorman board that seems to not be a match. A smart repair person would be able to make it work, I also would like to add the RCA outputs if I could find the right tech. My primary Mach deck has the RCA outputs, but the man(Dave Miller) retired from doing that years ago.

The issue I see is there is some sort of protective glue on the circuit board. With my skills and tools, it is very difficult to remove the solder without damaging the printed circuit material. I'm pretty good at this sort of thing but on this board there is something different.

It also seems to take a lot of heat to get the solder to react.
I've tried repairing 2 different boards and am done with it. I just want a working display. someone has one.

Best of luck Jon, I haven't looked hard for a repair service, just read what few posts here say people are looking also. Ten years ago they were common, now it's at that age that there's less out there for anything on a 20 year old car.

@Turdle, I can take a look the next time I am in the junkyard. The radios are sold "as-is" though. You willing to gamble that I get a good one, if I find one?

The stock Mach radios Turdle wants all have a defect in the display board, every one needs the same repair. The two Pioneer decks used in those models all had the defect.

Back