King of the Hammers 2018

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Anyone going to king of the hammers this year? Its big a crazy and chaotic. Some people hate it, some people love it. I'm planning on being there Thursday to Saturday. The main race is on Friday the 9th.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be there the 31st-10th. Looking forward to it!

Are you camping with another group? If I remember right, you usually work/volunteer at the event?

I'm just in a tent, so I need to find a good place to camp there. Don't want to just toss up a tent and get run over.

Are you camping with another group? If I remember right, you usually work/volunteer at the event?

I'm just in a tent, so I need to find a good place to camp there. Don't want to just toss up a tent and get run over.

Correct - I work media duties part of the time and help my friends who are racing Friday do pre running, work on the car, etc.

I do camp with a group of friends, you are welcome to setup by us. We are usually ~100 yards up from the gate closest to (behind) the jumbotron. I would tell you to look for the white motorhome but the right one may be hard to find! Look for a Ford short bus painted flat black instead - that is my friends camper and will be in our camp.

Of course I'm in! :thumbsup:
Don't really care where we camp but I know of a few nice spots off the lake bed if you'd prefer to be away from the crowds.

Hopefully I'll get a couple more friends to go and we'll make our own spot somewhere.

Don't think I will make it this year, again..
@josh40601 is going this year. Maybe you could group camp with him? He usually camps right off the main entrance.

Of course I'm in! :thumbsup:
Don't really care where we camp but I know of a few nice spots off the lake bed if you'd prefer to be away from the crowds.

I just want to be somewhere safe with a tent and leave my camping stuff there while we watch the race. And have a fire pit. I have another friend or two coming, they'll be in tents too. So we should probably set up our own spot. I know Brian said we could camp by them, but not sure how much space they'll be.

I'm here and ran into Brian1 this evening at the media meeting. I'm shooting pictures of the UTV race and Yamaha Demos for work, so I'm only here today and tomorrow. Wish I could stay longer.

C2I_3584.jpg
C2I_3640.jpg

Oh wait your "today and tomorrow" is Tuesday Wednesday? Dang it. I won't be there till Thursday.

Oh wait your "today and tomorrow" is Tuesday Wednesday? Dang it. I won't be there till Thursday.
Yeah, I’m out of here tonight (Wednesday).

KOH was insane. As to be expected. Super hot during the day, cold cold cold at night. Dust clouds so thick you can't see where your going. And the after hours when the race is done is mayham.

Camped with Brian1 and his friends which was nice. Thanks again Brian! And I had a few other friends come in on Friday.

Saw cars break, flip, cars getting passed in ridiculous ways, and car with a broken front drive shaft come down back door and stuck in a free standing nose stall.

Saturday, the wind made its way in and it was relentlessly strong. So we packed up camp and went on dirt trails out to giant rock. And left for home from there.

IMG_20180209_224842.jpg

IMG_20180208_124916.jpg

IMG_20180208_214130.jpg

IMG_20180208_151944.jpg

IMG_20180210_115720.jpg

IMG_20180210_121607.jpg

Good meeting you R.J. glad you made it out to see the KOH madness. One of these times I will have to go out and find giant rock, I've heard so much about it

Good to see Froader too! Mrboyle as well, as always. Saw quite a few lifted Explorers out there I didn't recognize.

Back