Colorado Color Run 09/2018 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

What dates in Sept Do you all want? Let us know what weeks you would like for the gathering.

• 09/08 - 09/15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 09/22 - 09/29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Labor day being on Monday Sept 3rd, I am making our reservations to arrive ahead of Labor day weekend, and leave on Tuesday the 4th.

Woot! :bounce:

I like those dates Gman. Going to my Work calendar now :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Couple Black Bear pics taken over the summer.

Switchbacks from the other side of the valley.

black bear switchbacks and waterfall.jpg

Top of the pass. lol!

snow on black bear.jpg

Love that 2nd picture. I have done that coming off Pikes Peak in April. This year how ever Pikes Peak is still Brown. We have had Little to no snow so far.

Last Fridays episode of "The Grand Tour" on Amazon, was filmed in Telluride.

They cruised some vintage Jag's thru the Mountains, Raced them on the airstrip, then down a ski slope. LOL!

They did show plenty of the amazing views out there. Check it out if you can.

I keep forgetting to watch Grand Tour... Thanks for the reminder :D

I keep forgetting to watch Grand Tour... Thanks for the reminder :D

Hey Rick!

Are you going to run CCR this year?

I'm hoping to make it. I haven't been to Colorado for 4 years...

No go for us. Just found out the wife is pregnant and will be due September 4th I think. I guess a meet is just not in the cards for us this year.

I sure would love to be back out there, but it is not in the cards for me to hit the trails for a couple more years. Enjoy the comradeship and views! And just maybe Billy Goat's is back open for business!!

No go for us. Just found out the wife is pregnant and will be due September 4th I think. I guess a meet is just not in the cards for us this year.

Congrats Sir. Now you get to teach a little all about Explorers.

If the baby is late, bring her along bouncing around on the trails should persuade the baby to come. JK. Congrats now you will have help working on the explorer.

Tim

Thanks all, maybe a reason I could never get around to selling our red Explorer!

Here is a couple more pictures from Ouray, CO to look forward to. I have yet to be down there but if it is anything like where I have been it will be a lot of fun and beautiful pictures to be taken.
waterfalls-near-ouray-colo-in-july.jpg

alpine_loop.jpg

engineer_pass.jpg

imogene_pass.jpg

This is just a few of the places that we can go.

My buddy and I ran the Alpine Loop back in 2016. It’s absolutely gorgeous down there. Great photo opportunities for sure. Even the drive down from Montrose into Ouray was stunning

Right now I’m a strong maybe for this run. I recently changed jobs and now have the capability to take time off for stuff like this. Hopefully I can see you all there!

My buddy and I ran the Alpine Loop back in 2016. It’s absolutely gorgeous down there. Great photo opportunities for sure. Even the drive down from Montrose into Ouray was stunning

Right now I’m a strong maybe for this run. I recently changed jobs and now have the capability to take time off for stuff like this. Hopefully I can see you all there!

That would be awesome to see you there also.

Great Pictures! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to get back there. It's so breathtaking, and humbling to be up there, it's almost spiritual for me. lol If the night temps are cold enough, we might even try the hot springs in Ouray, one evening. :dunno:

Been working for months on my stuff already, getting ready for this trip. Helping a friend build a new rig this summer, so he & family can join us too. Between both of us, we will be lucky not to go bankrupt prepping for this adventure! :crazy:

I am hoping to have my 4406 swap done and at least 31's for this trip. Still working on getting a transfer case the lift will be easy just the transfer case is my hold up.

Been working for months on my stuff already, getting ready for this trip. Helping a friend build a new rig this summer, so he & family can join us too. Between both of us, we will be lucky not to go bankrupt prepping for this adventure! :crazy:

I know the feeling. Hoping to save up enough for bumpers and a body lift, but if I do that may not have enough left over for the trip! May have to actually go back to work... wonder if I can remember how...

Just wondering if anyone besides @gmanpaint have some other pictures of previous runs of CCR. I am sure I can get some from a friend of mine but it would be with Jeeps in it Yuck! LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wondering if anyone besides @gmanpaint have some other pictures of previous runs of CCR. I am sure I can get some from a friend of mine but it would be with Jeeps in it Yuck! LOL

Careful what you ask for, haha! I have about 10 years worth of CCR Ouray photos (minus the years nothing happened and other CCR locations)

m_DSC03565.JPG
m_DSC03573.JPG
m_DSC09413.jpg
m_DSC09471.jpg
m_DSC01970.JPG
m_IMGP2115.jpg

Back