Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

450 USD for the center console? Yea you can keep em at that price. I paid $175 Canadian for mine.

Go to www.car-part.com enter your zip code, and your vehicle info, obviously you wont be able to choose the PIU console, but choose any other trim and it will give you a list of junkyards that will have it.

I 3D printed a cubby hole to replace the column shifter and 3d printed a face plate to cover the missing rear AC controls.

Looking at that "Police" version, i dont see the appeal. You only get two cup holders...with mine the AWD selector is a coin tray and i made the shifter hole into another cubby hole...can never have too many cubby holes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I come across more, I'll definitely post here before ebay. Fees are ridiculously high (it's been a while since I've sold on there) and shipping was more than I anticipated.

Please do!, out of curiosity is that TX or AB?

Either way I could likely split the shipping by picking it up.

Please do!, out of curiosity is that TX or AB?

Either way I could likely split the shipping by picking it up.

Neither, its CA... Southern California to be exact

a
450 USD for the center console? Yea you can keep em at that price. I paid $175 Canadian for mine.

Go to www.car-part.com enter your zip code, and your vehicle info, obviously you wont be able to choose the PIU console, but choose any other trim and it will give you a list of junkyards that will have it.

I 3D printed a cubby hole to replace the column shifter and 3d printed a face plate to cover the missing rear AC controls.

Looking at that "Police" version, i dont see the appeal. You only get two cup holders...with mine the AWD selector is a coin tray and i made the shifter hole into another cubby hole...can never have too many cubby holes.
any chance you could share the files for the 3d parts???

@Feldon, how did you 3D print a cubby hole?

I have a 3D printer....two actually.
Any interest in printing another?? And what might you charge for that in US or Canadian :)

Possibly....Here's some pics of it installed

Ovh557t.jpg

rWXuoDW.jpg

As you can see it reuses the factory trim piece that goes around the shifter boot and it clips into the clips that are already there. I purposely made the clips wider on the 3d printed portion so they can be dremeled down to exact fit.

I can also print custom plugs for all the aftermarket accesories that were taken out. In my case i have holes on the A pillar, roof, and 6 holes in the B-pillar. Some of the PIUs i was looking at auction had a bunch of holes in the hatch trim and doors.

I'll take pics of the ones i have on there.

Well done and well thought out. Let us know if you want to start making them :) Is the round on in the Select-shift hole your creation as well?

No, the console i got already came with it. I guess if it doent have the mode selector knob, it comes with a coin tray.
Would there be interest in plugs to fill up holes as well?

Well done and well thought out. Let us know if you want to start making them :) Is the round on in the Select-shift hole your creation as well?

Great work. Any chance you're willing to share the .stl file? I'd like to take a crack at printing one tomorrow. Is yours PLA or ABS?

Possibly....Here's some pics of it installed

S09Oa7V.jpg

Ovh557t.jpg

rWXuoDW.jpg

No, the console i got already came with it. I guess if it doent have the mode selector knob, it comes with a coin tray.
Would there be interest in plugs to fill up holes as well?
Lucky for me my 2015 PIU did not have too many holes, but...... I do have this big whopper of a hole in the overhead, I've been trying to fill (see overhead thread). The other holes I have are on the bottom edge of the rear lift gate. Facing downward closed, but straight out when open (about 4 be 1 1/2) so guessing they were lights???? No idea what to do with them, but maybe just plug them. Would have been nice to have pictures of all the stuff taken out when mine went civilian as it would take much of the guesswork away.

Take some pics of em...i'm sure designing something to fit the holes wouldnt be too difficult

Lucky for me my 2015 PIU did not have too many holes, but...... I do have this big whopper of a hole in the overhead, I've been trying to fill (see overhead thread). The other holes I have are on the bottom edge of the rear lift gate. Facing downward closed, but straight out when open (about 4 be 1 1/2) so guessing they were lights???? No idea what to do with them, but maybe just plug them. Would have been nice to have pictures of all the stuff taken out when mine went civilian as it would take much of the guesswork away.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take some pics of em...i'm sure designing something to fit the holes wouldn
Tailgate Openings.jpg
t be too difficult
Tailgate holes. As you can see, odd location unless it was some sort of strobe for when hatch was open.

Back