Btf upper control arms
Rough terrain lower BJ
C.v axles, tie rod ends and front hubs
265/75 Cooper stt pros on
16x8s 0 offset
New monroe struts all the way around
Flowmaster super 44
Brush gaurd, odd&ends, etc.

Any input on the long term use of the btf stuff? I was going to do a 3in Btf lift with limit straps and no body lift, but I figured maybe a 2.5in suspension lift with a small BL might be easier on the front end. Safety is a must (Wife drives it around town when I'm not destroying it in the woods). Mostly it's a grocery getter but I do hit the trails with it sometimes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im currently working on 2005 4.6L mounty. She's getting:
2.5in/2in Btf suspension lift
1.5 BL
Btf upper control arms
Rough terrain lower BJ
C.v axles, tie rod ends and front hubs
265/75 Cooper stt pros on
16x8s 0 offset
New monroe struts all the way around
Flowmaster super 44
Brush gaurd, odd&ends, etc.

Any input on the long term use of the btf stuff? I was going to do a 3in Btf lift with limit straps and no body lift, but I figured maybe a 2.5in suspension lift with a small BL might be easier on the front end. Safety is a must (Wife drives it around town when I'm not destroying it in the woods). Mostly it's a grocery getter but I do hit the trails with it sometimes.
Hey man i was just reading your post and i was wondering if you happen to of got the btf set up and if so how is it what would you recommend on doing and hows the life time on them? thanks for your help and input.

I ended
Hey man i was just reading your post and i was wondering if you happen to of got the btf set up and if so how is it what would you recommend on doing and hows the life time on them? thanks for your help and input.
I ended up going with:
*1.5in Body lift following the write up in here
*2.5in front and 1.75in rear eBay special strut spacers on new moogs
*BTF extended uniball UCAs.
*265/75r16 Cooper discoverer STT PROS
*Pro comp 69 16x8 -12mm wheels

So far I'm extremely happy. It sits exactly how I wanted it and I'm loving the extra insurance of the BTF arms. As for the life of them I cant say because I really only finished the build a few weeks ago. But I will say this. If your going to do the strut spacers, just spend the money and buy the BTF upper control arms. They were $625 for the pair but worth every penny. The stock arms were at a ridiculous angle after the lift and the ball joint was strained. It was a major safety concern.

I ended

I ended up going with:
*1.5in Body lift following the write up in here
*2.5in front and 1.75in rear eBay special strut spacers on new moogs
*BTF extended uniball UCAs.
*265/75r16 Cooper discoverer STT PROS
*Pro comp 69 16x8 -12mm wheels

So far I'm extremely happy. It sits exactly how I wanted it and I'm loving the extra insurance of the BTF arms. As for the life of them I cant say because I really only finished the build a few weeks ago. But I will say this. If your going to do the strut spacers, just spend the money and buy the BTF upper control arms. They were $625 for the pair but worth every penny. The stock arms were at a ridiculous angle after the lift and the ball joint was strained. It was a major safety concern.
awesome i appreciate all the help. i am looking to get mine set up soon it wont be abke to keep up with my jeep but should get me and my family through the back trails to go camping. do you have any pictures of what it looks like i would love to see what it looks like now.

There you go. The last pic (the one where the truck has no lightbars) is before the suspension lift. Just posted to show the wheel offset

20180407_153545.jpg

20180401_121037.jpg

20180401_112742.jpg

20180401_112717.jpg

20180226_175157.jpg

Nothing crazy, like I said it's only been a few weeks. I took it up in the woods and found some **** to go over to get a few wheels off the ground here and there. Didn't take pics though. These things arnt exactly famous for their flexing abilities but I was happy with the amount of travel. It's a beast in the mud. When it comes to serious rocks it will never keep up with a solid axle, but you show me a hill climb or a mud pit and I'll give you a run for your money lol Bottom line: It's no $50k trail rig, but for what it is, she does quite well. Better than you might think.

Also on the plus side, our Advactrac system acts like a locker. Sort of. It's not the same obviously, but when one wheel leaves the ground, it applies the brake to that wheel and redirects power to the other side so you don't get the open diff spin. At least I think that's how it works. Either way it's pretty cool.

glad to hear you enjoy your rig. looks great and does what you need thats all that matters. i enjoy seeing nice rigs like this give me ideas and a platform to start out at. ill probably start with the upper control arms and get the rancho quick strut and replace the coil with ones from coilsprings.com to assure some extra travel and ride highth and get the limit straps and then the body lift and the some tires and rims if i can afford them lol. i really like the way your rig looks if you see pictures later on of a similar one im hoping it mine lol. have you checked out any after market front gaurds for it. im iffey on it due to the extra weight it will have on it.

No, I like the looks of brush gaurds but the really don't serve a purpose that I need. We camp for extended periods and carry alot of gear so weight is a major factor for us to consider. I'm in the process of installing a double deep cycle battery setup to run a fridge and water tanks underneath with a small pump so we can have running water onboard (SHOWER!!!). I'm running a water nozzle out the drivers side rear mirroring the fuel cap on the other side and a shower head off the roof rack. Anyway, long story short, those things are heavy and I need the extra weight capacity.

I put in the 3" front spacers on Saturday. Tomorrow they are coming back out. The upper control arms are actually hitting the springs over bumps. The 265/75R16 tires clear with the stock suspension, so I'm going to leave it alone. I don't have the extra $625 right now for the BTF arms, so it will have to wait for now.

Back