2005 Sport Trac No Start- GOOD SPARK, GOOD FUEL????? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Sport Trac No Start- GOOD SPARK, GOOD FUEL?????

^ Oops, missed that reply. OK, it's NOT the PCM fuse (LOL). Said it before, and saying it again. YOU are one of the best assets to this site, and always diagnose in an easy to understand way. Still watching, and thanks again Phil (koda2000).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I woke up this morning, and it fired right up. No issue whatsoever. It ran for about 45 minutes, I dropped the kids at the bus, went into town, filled up 5 5gallon gas cans, came home and filled up the truck(I was apprehensive of shutting her off at the gas station and not being able to get her to start again) I waited a few hours for the engine to completely cool down, and she started right up again. ATM no issues, she has started a dozen times no issue. Only thing janky is that when she starts up she revs to 2000 rpm then goes back down to 1000 where she usually idles at

^ Oops, missed that reply. OK, it's NOT the PCM fuse (LOL). Said it before, and saying it again. YOU are one of the best assets to this site, and always diagnose in an easy to understand way. Still watching, and thanks again Phil (koda2000).

Thanks for the accolades Steve. I try to help when/where I can. This a weird one though.

Intermittent crank sensor can and will cause this. My jeep had the same issue. Start, hard to start, stop at idle. Work ok, then no start. Very random. I would change the crank sensor.

Intermittent crank sensor can and will cause this. My jeep had the same issue. Start, hard to start, stop at idle. Work ok, then no start. Very random. I would change the crank sensor.

I've already suggested he look into the crank position sensor.

Back