New Barney Purple 97 Sport from Mesa, AZ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Barney Purple 97 Sport from Mesa, AZ

FlyinBarney

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport
Hey guys,

New to Explorer but no stranger to the Rangers. Picked up a clean 97 sport 2wd. 4.0L OHV automatic. Has a set of 31's. This will be something for my son to start a build with. We are in the desert, so a prerunner type set up to go play with.

Hello to everyone!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another Arizonan on the forum:chug:

Some interesting stuff on the Explorers. Mono leaf rear is kinda weird and new to me. The only other torsion type vehicle that I had was a Ranger with the RCD lift and coilover conversion already installed when I bought it, also 4x4. So they stock 2wd front end is also virgin territory for me. LOL! Probably going to start small with some lift spindles and my boy, of course, wants fiberglass. I'll start a build thread when we get some parts rounded up.

Yeah, I am a McNeil fan as well. Fit and finish has always been good on the Ranger glass. Well... as good as glass can fit that is. LOL

Back