Part number/alternate options for PI black wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part number/alternate options for PI black wheels?

Thomas Reminga

Reaction score
City, State
Port Washington, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
i have a ‘17 Sport and I’m going to ride out these tires for this winter but next year definitely switching to snows. Thinking about getting a set of PI wheels to mount some dedicated snows. Anyone have the P/N for the PI wheels, or any places that sell knock offs?

Wanted to start the search now and build up my parts over the course of this year.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought mine from the dealer.DG1Z-1015-A I'm not aware of any knock-offs for this wheel. I also bought the center cap for them which required buying new lugnuts as well.

Peter

They show-up at municipal surplus auctions and scrapyards with some frequency, depending on location. I've seen full sets of surplus steelies with reasonably good tires still mounted sell for around $200 at auction. Of course, since I bought a PI a while back and want a second set of rims, they're suddenly scarce.

There are several on eBay for about $120 each, including shipping.

They show-up at municipal surplus auctions and scrapyards with some frequency, depending on location. I've seen full sets of surplus steelies with reasonably good tires still mounted sell for around $200 at auction. Of course, since I bought a PI a while back and want a second set of rims, they're suddenly scarce.

There are several on eBay for about $120 each, including shipping.
$120 would be a good price for the States where these wheels seem to be about 3X what they are here. I paid $88 each new from the dealer.

$120 would be a good price for the States where these wheels seem to be about 3X what they are here. I paid $88 each new from the dealer.

That's $120 or so for used OEM steelies, too. I know they're factoring in some for shipping, but $88 for new is a great price before shipping. Maybe you should get into the export biz.

That's $120 or so for used OEM steelies, too. I know they're factoring in some for shipping, but $88 for new is a great price before shipping. Maybe you should get into the export biz.
A few members in the Detroit area actually came across the border and bought those wheels and took them back home.:)

Back