• Register Today It's free!

Air intake and filter

Yaheard...

Reaction score
City, State
Portage, in.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer interceptor
So I'm really curious on who all out here has put a K&N full air intake kit on a 2015 3.7 police interceptor seeing as how KNN doesn't make one for that truck there's got to be a way that I can put one on it. Can somebody please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone. Somone out there has had to put a K&N full air intake on there interceptor explorer with the 3.7 motor, please inform me...why i cant.

Waste of money with no performance gains. Wouldn't bother unless you are looking for a deeper engine sound.

Hi everyone. Somone out there has had to put a K&N full air intake on there interceptor explorer with the 3.7 motor, please inform me...why i cant.
I don't see why you can't, but as blwnsmoke mentioned unless you are looking to boost engine sound or are planning to add a 'tune', it's a waste of $$. A few members have actually removed theirs and went back to stock.

Peter

I don't see why you can't, but as blwnsmoke mentioned unless you are looking to boost engine sound or are planning to add a 'tune', it's a waste of $$. A few members have actually removed theirs and went back to stock.

Peter
Wow, back to stock... im really doing it for the sound and alil extra easier breathing never hurts either

Wow, back to stock... im really doing it for the sound and alil extra easier breathing never hurts either
When i called K&N they told me its beacuse of tuning is why i cant put one on.

Waste of money with no performance gains. Wouldn't bother unless you are looking for a deeper engine sound.
Thats actually why im wanting it. I appreciate the feedback

Do you kno if the 15 interceptor has a special police "tune" on it.? Becides the trans shift points.

Besides having a few more ponies due to the slightly larger motor the shift points are the only "tune". I had the k&n cold intake and swear I lost a few horsepower and the intake noise was unbearable. Waaaaay too loud for me and I come from owning many performance cars.

Besides having a few more ponies due to the slightly larger motor the shift points are the only "tune". I had the k&n cold intake and swear I lost a few horsepower and the intake noise was unbearable. Waaaaay too loud for me and I come from owning many performance cars.
Wow.... i put a flowmaster 40 series on a 95 4 door blazer n the same thing happened to me. when u bought the intake which one did u get?."what car was it really for?" Sence they dont make one for a 15 interceptor.

Wow.... i put a flowmaster 40 series on a 95 4 door blazer n the same thing happened to me. when u bought the intake which one did u get?."what car was it really for?" Sence they dont make one for a 15 interceptor.
Hi. was wondering if i could get a response on the last post i had. The one on which one did u buy. If I wanted to put a K&N air intake on this motor which one would I get.? and what model car would it technically be for.?

It would be the K&N Filter 77 Series High Flow Air Intake Kit - 77-2575KS.It's made for the 3.5l motor. But again, it's a waste of money IMHO with no gains and unbearable noise.

I merged this thread with your existing thread. Please, one thread per topic. Could be you are wasting time as suggested above.
Thank you I'm still learning a little about these forms I'm going on I'm trying to do what the administrator asks sometimes I have a hard time going back and finding my responses on some of my other threads

Thank you I'm still learning a little about these forms I'm going on I'm trying to do what the administrator asks sometimes I have a hard time going back and finding my responses on some of my other threads
The Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) can be very useful in finding existing threads/posts. It may take a little getting used to but I use it everyday.

Peter

Back