2013 Expl. Sport - Rear parking sensing module ... location ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Expl. Sport - Rear parking sensing module ... location ??

maetesmann

Reaction score
City, State
Duesseldorf /Germany
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi ..from Germany !
I need some help ...
Where is the rear parking sensor module located on my 2013 Explorer Sport ?
I have to convert the electrical connector of the tow hook from 7-pin "US" to 13-Pin "EU/European Union" configuration ..
The conversion kit I have says to cut the ground wire of the rear parking module.
Where is it located ?

THX a lot,
Martin, Germany

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure how helpful this diagram is. It is for the 2012 Explorer.

Peter

2012_explorer_componentviews_29.png

Peter, this might help very much if I had a list what the abbrevations (C406, S400 etc.) stand for ...

Found the PAM (C3267) location:
it's behind the right side panel, below the rear quarter window.

Thanks, Peter, ... the url of the pic you posted lead me to the pic below. ;)

2011_explorer_componentviews_22.png

Edit 1: I responded thinking you needed a ground wire, sounds like you want to cut an existing ground wire? So I'll take out my reply.

Edit 2: Where are you guys finding those wiring pictures from? I'd love to see the rest for the 2012 :D

Edit 1: I responded thinking you needed a ground wire, sounds like you want to cut an existing ground wire? So I'll take out my reply.

Edit 2: Where are you guys finding those wiring pictures from? I'd love to see the rest for the 2012 :D
They are in the thread "List of Useful Threads" in the 'Sticky' section; Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion

Peter

I have the 2014 manual, but this should be fairly similar. Here's how to access the Parking Aid Module (.pdf) and the wiring of its connector (looks like ground is terminal no. 4):
I'm still confused as to why converting the connector requires messing with the Parking Aid system.
I also attached the wiring of the Trailer Tow Connector for good measure...

PAM.jpg

Trailer Tow Connector.jpg

Attachments

• 2014 Parking Aid Module removal.pdf
    184.4 KB · Views: 439

Back