• Register Today It's free!

265/65/18 tires?

mustang6878

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Limited
I have a 2010 Sport Trac Limited with stock rims. I know the standard tire size is 235/65/18. When I bought it, it was wearing General AT2's in size 255/60/18. I am looking to put 265/65/18 on it because of the huge selection of that size of tires available. Does anyone see a problem with rubbing or suspension?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Changing the tire's overall diameter will throw off your factory GPS's motion and track display. You will arrive earlier or later to intersections depending on which way you go with your tires. Eventually it repositions its self but it's annoying.
Do you have factory GPS

You can run 265/65/18 but it might rub in the rear splash guards or when the rear is fully loaded. What tires are you planning to get? I recommend Goodyear Wrangler, Dick Cepek tires and Bridgestone.

You can run 265/65/18 but it might rub in the rear splash guards or when the rear is fully loaded. What tires are you planning to get? I recommend Goodyear Wrangler, Dick Cepek tires and Bridgestone.

My Trac is triple black so I am looking for a outlined letter or white letter tire to set it off. I am getting either the Continental LX 20 or the Cooper Evolution in 265/60/18. Any comment on these 'skins?

I found a handy table on one of the tire sites that said the 265/60/18 is only .5" taller and 1.1" wider than the factory installed 235/65/18. the difference is 1.61% which will mean when I am running 62.14 mph, my speedometer will say I am running 61.14 mph. I think I can live with that...

My 2007 Ford Explorer Limited was in an accident. A rim feel off the back of a trailer and I ran over it ruining two of my rims and tires. Does anyone have any suggestions? There are only 2 of the original rims in the country and they are $800 each. Plus if I put on new then they wont match the two older ones. I need new rims and tires. Any suggestions?

Back