Headlight Probs: 2016 Interceptor Utility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight Probs: 2016 Interceptor Utility

corndog64

Reaction score
City, State
S.W. Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
The wife drove though standing water this week (flooding here in S. Michigan). Now the driver low beam (LED?) is not working. The passenger headlight now stays on for approx. 15 minutes after the ignition is shut off. I can unplug the driver light pigtail and it shuts off the passenger light (with the ign off), but as soon as I plug it back in, the passenger low beam comes back on! I don't see a means to replace the LED bulb for the low beams, wassup??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wife drove though standing water this week (flooding here in S. Michigan). Now the driver low beam (LED?) is not working. The passenger headlight now stays on for approx. 15 minutes after the ignition is shut off. I can unplug the driver light pigtail and it shuts off the passenger light (with the ign off), but as soon as I plug it back in, the passenger low beam comes back on! I don't see a means to replace the LED bulb for the low beams, wassup??
It looks like water got inside the housing. The lowest point seems to be where the "Low Series 1-Channel LDM" sits. Can this be an issue?

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Any update?

Identical problem here! Any solution been found? Don't seem to be any related fuses.

It looks like water got inside the housing. The lowest point seems to be where the "Low Series 1-Channel LDM" sits. Can this be an issue?
Did you ever figure out this issue? I just did the exact same thing here in Northern California during the history breaking storm few days ago.

Did you ever figure out this issue? I just did the exact same thing here in Northern California during the history breaking storm few days ago.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter
Figured it out today if anyone else is having the same problem. I moved this module from the passenger side ( good ) over to driver side ( bad ) and the headlight came on. With a bad module it will make the other headlight stay on even when the key is out of the ignition. A temp fix is to completely disconnect the harness at the headlight unit until you get the module replaced on the bad side to save the battery. Hope this helps

IMG_20211028_120820_01.jpg

Thank you for that post. It appears that particular parts is no longer available through OEM suppliers. Looks like it could be found on Ebay and Amazon though.

Peter

Thank you for that post. It appears that particular parts is no longer available through OEM suppliers. Looks like it could be found on Ebay and Amazon though.

Peter
Still available through Ford as OEM. I picked it up on the day I posted from the dealership. At first they gave me " High series " which is for the Explorer's. I came back in and got the " Low Series " which is for Interceptors Utilities. I have the part# for the Explorer's. Unfortunately I didn't write down the part# for the Interceptor.

Back