SYNC 3 latest version | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Couple of observations. Have the Sirius 6 month subscription but no traffic. Called Sirius, can't get traffic without giving up the free 6 months. Strange. Can't figure out how to listen to the radio without an accessory position on the start button. Is it not possible?
Can't get any apps to show up in sync 3 no matter what I try.
Getting frustrated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sure my ‘17 came with 4-5 years of traffic included, with only the 6mo trial subscription

Maybe a Canada thing?

Oh I didn’t realize you were in Canada, I feel like I read that in Canada you didn’t get that for free or something.

Couple of observations. Have the Sirius 6 month subscription but no traffic. Called Sirius, can't get traffic without giving up the free 6 months. Strange. Can't figure out how to listen to the radio without an accessory position on the start button. Is it not possible?
Can't get any apps to show up in sync 3 no matter what I try.
Getting frustrated.
There is an 'accessory' position. Just press the start button without putting your foot on the brake. Also, if you just want to listen to the radio, just use its power button to turn it on. A key fob is not required to be in range. The radio along with the homelink buttons always have power going to the. Traffic is not included with the 6 month subscription. I believe it is a separate paid package.

Peter

Funny thing...I installed Android Auto in anticipation of picking up my new 2018 truck on Sunday. Now my old Sync (2011 Fusion) triggers Android Auto on my phone but I don't have Android auto in my car. Weird...
:dunno::laugh:o_O

I have to say. The upgrade ( still unsuccessful as of this post) is one of the worst user experiences in upgrading anything ihave tried ( im a techie so ive done some pretty low level upgrades on devices)

1) no user feedback on usb insert.
2) no acknowledgement that an upgrade is happening
3) an upgrade complete message. It will be used at next start........
4) next start. Guess what. Still shows sync 3 version 2.0.

5) ALL attempts and wifi upgrade just spin. ( even after 30 mins of sitting in vehicle tried usb instead)

Ford. Your upgrades stink..

I have to say. The upgrade ( still unsuccessful as of this post) is one of the worst user experiences in upgrading anything ihave tried ( im a techie so ive done some pretty low level upgrades on devices)

5) ALL attempts and wifi upgrade just spin. ( even after 30 mins of sitting in vehicle tried usb instead)

As for #2, mine did show something to the effect of Software Updating at the top of the screen.
#3,4 - I experienced that as well with the 2 unsuccessful attempts but on the 3rd try I did get an Update Complete or Successful (can't recall exactly) when it finished. It took about 15 -20 minutes. It has been mentioned here that the update using WiFi would not work and to use the USB method. It did however work in reporting the successful update a day or two after I installed it. Previous upgrades on MFT went much better.

Peter

I had a lot of issues with one USB stick, but then a second one- same manufacture but slightly newer model (maybe smaller-32GB vs 64gb) worked perfectly on the other usb stick. Almost immediately stated it was upgrading and worked flawlessly. I can get you the model if you want

I couldn't agree more.......

I just was talking to someone in Ford about another matter and they mentioned how good SYNC3 was. I could not resist I had to unload my frustration with exactly what you said.

Recently upgraded a 2016 Explorer to Sync 3 and updated to version 2.3. Everything works great except one feature. Previously on MFT, when I went in reverse, my rear sensors would display a top down graphic of the car on the touchscreen showing which part of my bumper was close to an object (green, yellow or red color codes). It works with the front sensors, now, but not the back. I still register the proximity "beeps" and the rear camera works.

Any thoughts?

s!AgmvKkQM6_xkhJQz8xA8bG3nS8N1Aw

s!AgmvKkQM6_xkhJQz8xA8bG3nS8N1Aw

No pictures showing if there are some. Is the camera still indicating the 3 colours? I can't recall right now if it shows the top down picture or not.

Peter

Here is the overlay if I am getting close to my front bumper:

February%202018%20phone%20photo%20%281%29.jpg

I added picture links but it isn't showing embedded for some reason. Here is a link:

February 2018 phone photo (2).jpg

My 17 Sport displays that graphic whenever any sensor zone activates front or back. In the McDonalds Drive-thru if you get too close to the pickup window it pops up as the front driver's sensor goes off. It's not just for reverse. Maybe try a Master Reset or a Battery disconnect for 20 minutes.

Just getting used to my new ride and found it interesting that unless you are in full audio display, there were no presets for the radio.

Here is the "down graphic" on mine.

Peter

rearview.JPG

So, I get the camera as in your pic. The info graphic in the upper right doesn't trigger though. Thought it might be a setting in the APIM I missed.

I think that graphic shows up when you are too close to stuff. The rear sensors are far far more sensitive. The front allows me to get within a foot of an object before starting to go off. The rear would be 10 feet from a person or vehicle if they are coming towards me. The cross traffic alert thing has been great in terms of the right sensitivity that errors or caution so I don’t look like a jerk that’s not watching :)

I think that graphic shows up when you are too close to stuff. The rear sensors are far far more sensitive. The front allows me to get within a foot of an object before starting to go off. The rear would be 10 feet from a person or vehicle if they are coming towards me. The cross traffic alert thing has been great in terms of the right sensitivity that errors or caution so I don’t look like a jerk that’s not watching :)

Yes, I agree. My issue is I see that graphic when I am too close to something up front, but it doesn't work for reverse. I hear the audible beeps just fine (they speed up the closer you get) but that small graphic overlay in Peter's upper right camera shot does not show up in mine. I only see the camera with the alignment lines. For what it is worth, I do not have a sentence warning to check for safety at the top, either.

This rear sensor proximity overlay DID show up with MFT on SYNC 2.

Here is a shot. You can see I am backed up to my garage door and there is no overlay in the upper right. My proximity sensor is audible.:

Edit%20car.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a mirror that is available for the sync 2.3 update? I am running 2.0 but the download never completes when trying to download via wifi and if I try to download from owner.ford.com the download is super slow causing it to eventually time out and fail.

Thanks.

Back