Finding EE Sway Bar or having a custom bent up? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finding EE Sway Bar or having a custom bent up?

Ouch, that's why the looking for an alternative. I think I got it for near $225, but that was around 2006.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't gotten around to getting any Sway Bars yet. I just recently bought a 1982 280zx that has taken a chunk of attention and funds lol. In the long run I want paint it black and dark purple, redo the interior, and maybe drop a 351w in it. Might look into dropping a 8.8 or 9 inch after the 351. In Explorer news, I did buy a 3.73 LSD out of a Mounty for my Explorer. Only cost 37 dollars at the Pull-A-Part.
ydSeSZW.jpg

Received an email back from John at Addco. He said he's still on hold with custom orders until August or September as it stands. As soon as he's ready and lets me know, I'll let everyone know via this thread...for that those that are still interested.

Thanks for that update, it still sounds promising.

I have the number of a guy who had an EE sway bar for Gen2 for sale last year. (Maybe PM me if you are in NorCal) I didn't need it since I installed the Hellwig 7648, I recommend it.

I got tired of waiting on Addco and bought a Hellwig. Installed it yesterday. Night and day difference. Highly recommend.

Well done, and thanks for the update. Addco can be good to deal with, but not perfect.

Well done, and thanks for the update. Addco can be good to deal with, but not perfect.
Yea, I still plan on getting their front sway bar once I have time.

Yea, I still plan on getting their front sway bar once I have time.
The big 1.5" bar is close to being too stiff with urethane end link bushings. I hadn't decided yet if I wanted to adjust them softer(use rubber end links). The truck drove very flat, stiff too.

I've had the Hellwig 1" rear bar for several months, and I like it very much. I'd recommend it to anybody for an upgrade from a safety perspective alone.

I've had the Hellwig 1" rear bar for several months, and I like it very much. I'd recommend it to anybody for an upgrade from a safety perspective alone.
That's a definite improvement over stock. Use urethane bushings in the end links if you can find them. The EE bar is sized ideally I think, but that's using the stock rubber bushing end links.

Excellent link, I knew I'd seen them referenced before. Thanks, I could use those on at least two of mine.

I had to haul a half ton of server parts on Thursday. I believe the 1" Hellwig bar helped get there safely.

Back