My Explorer build. | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the plans for this weekend are gonna be great. First going to JY to get Leaf Springs and some other things to get my Truck Lifted and get my daughters Headlights and turn signals replaced. When I change out my Leaf Springs gonna use my Bastered pack springs for my daughters to lift hers a little also. Second gonna be replacing Spark Pugs and Wires and changing oil in Engine and trans. Will post pics as the day goes on. Suppose to be nice weather here in Colorado Friday then Snow on Saturday. Hope it holds out. But we all know how the weather men are LOL.

Well I finally got Plugs, wires and engine oil changed. So happy with how she runs now. I also removed Stock muffler and replaced it with 2 glass packs. And WOW what a rumble. Later on gonna get 2 pipes running out the back to have tail pipes on her. Hopefully that will quiet her down a little. Tonight I will try and get a video of her running with just the glass packs. Also it snowed here in Colorado (Finally) and she handles GREAT in the snow. I do believe that the Spark plugs were Old as dirt. They had Motor Craft marked on the side of the plugs so seemed like they were original plugs. I would like to think not but not sure. But now she is in good hands and will not have her plugs go that long with out getting replaced.

No Not really. For me it is Nice to finally hear my truck running. :)

I'm glad you like how it runs with a little tune up.

I kind of like my stock muffler sound, the dogs on my route can hear me coming every day. My V6 truck with an Edelbrock muffler is louder, but doesn't sound like a V8 as advertised.

Yeah it is amazing what happens when you give them a little tune up.

That sucks that it does not sound like a V8.

The 4.0's with aftermarket mufflers always seem to sound like a noise you can make with your mouth, kind of the way ricers with big tail pipe tips do. It's just odd. I'll build a dual system for my V8, and copy it later for my work truck when it gets a V8 too. Who knows where Cherry Bomb is located, I might find a way to take my dual system parts to them to copy, if they would?

Yes please id like to hear it! I'm running a 50 series flowmaster that is very mild sounding and gives a nice low end rumble, with only just a hair of coffee can under certain conditions, a very V8 like mild drone on the inside as well I'm happy with it, it also seems to disappear completely and sounds completely stock over ~2500 rpms which I've never understood but I've also heard a 4.0 ranger not long ago in a parking lot that was running dual pipes out of the back and sounded VERY good, probably the best , clean,v8 sounding 4.0 exhaust I've heard in person, wish I knew what he was running in that truck.

Wow, Cherry Bomb is located here about 45 miles from me, an easy hour drive I think. We'll see later if they accept product build ideas.

That has to be deafening right now. lol

I've heard that, it's nothing compared to last year when I had my 01 4.0 XLT and came up with the idea to run straight pipes, didn't take long to ditch that, the half a mile away drone got old, that thing screamed though, regular exhaust was back on in no time.

Well I know it took a while but here it is. How she sounds after replacing Muffler with 2 Cherry Bombs. I think she sounds great. Later on will be getting the exhaust out to just before Bumper. Will show pics once finished.

Sounds good, and hope it lasts a long time.

Sounds good, and hope it lasts a long time.

Yeah I hope so also. With the Glass Packs only being $25 each can't beat the price and how it sounds. I really like how it sounds.

Well I finally got Plugs, wires and engine oil changed. So happy with how she runs now. I also removed Stock muffler and replaced it with 2 glass packs. And WOW what a rumble. Later on gonna get 2 pipes running out the back to have tail pipes on her. Hopefully that will quiet her down a little. Tonight I will try and get a video of her running with just the glass packs. Also it snowed here in Colorado (Finally) and she handles GREAT in the snow. I do believe that the Spark plugs were Old as dirt. They had Motor Craft marked on the side of the plugs so seemed like they were original plugs. I would like to think not but not sure. But now she is in good hands and will not have her plugs go that long with out getting replaced.
Where did you source your plug wires? I need to do this on my 98, but finding the Factory spec motorcrafts is tough these days.

I got a set last year from Rock Auto.

Well My EX decided to start leaking from the radiator. :-( On the look for a radiator and maybe water pump. Not sure I wanna go that far right now as she is just leaking from Radiator. Once I get new radiator I will see how things look for the water pump.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is not good. A new radiator should freshen things up. Better now than while out on the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back