Wanted - 2nd gen eddie bauer fender flare set | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 2nd gen eddie bauer fender flare set

Parts or services wanted

HSlough

Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 four door
I'm wanting to put these on a first gen and I'm having hard time finding a good set

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are a few kinds, the 95-98's are smooth rounded, the 99-01's are different, have a sharp protruding outer edge, and closer to base models have a couple of variations. I liked the 95-98 better than the 99-01's, but my 99 came with them.

If you want to add the large type, you should browse through my 99/93 build link(signature), and find the pictures I have. It shows the many many holes you have to drill in the fenders, rockers, quarter panels, and rear doors etc.

There are a few kinds, the 95-98's are smooth rounded, the 99-01's are different, have a sharp protruding outer edge, and closer to base models have a couple of variations. I liked the 95-98 better than the 99-01's, but my 99 came with them.

If you want to add the large type, you should browse through my 99/93 build link(signature), and find the pictures I have. It shows the many many holes you have to drill in the fenders, rockers, quarter panels, and rear doors etc.
Thanks for the info I'm just wanting to put the flare over the fenders on the front the doors in that back corner I don't want anything down the sides and like I said I'm having a really hard time finding it and I'm going to check out your signature now

Thanks for the info I'm just wanting to put the flare over the fenders on the front the doors in that back corner I don't want anything down the sides and like I said I'm having a really hard time finding it and I'm going to check out your signature now
and I and I do want the 95 to 98 I think they're much better looking on the 1st Gen

and I and I do want the 95 to 98 I think they're much better looking on the 1st Gen
okay how do I okay how do I get to the link so I can look at it LOL

The full flares that the 99-01's have fit together with the running boards, and the rear fender section, and door. I think you'll want either the 95-98 which doesn't need the running board etc, or the simple smaller flare that came on a lot of Sports.

I got one of the front pair from a 98 Sport, to go on my 98(my wheels will stick out a little(1/2") more than before). Those attach with simply screws into the fender, no big holes drilled like the bigger flares require. They do have a very small trim that goes down to the rocker, but that can be made to loo good I think. Hunt pictures on here of 2nd gen Sports(2dr), some 4dr had them I think(I've seen a couple here). Once you know what you are hunting, you'll find them soon I think.

Cool deal! I found a pic of one of the members on hear that has it done and it looks awesome! If I could get photobucket to work I'd post a pic of the truck I'm talking about.

Well done, time well spent for you to find the ones you want. Blacklist photobucket, go to another host that doesn't cost everyone money.

What would you suggest?

trying that now

20180308112613.png
I finally figured it out dang. This is what I'm shooting for with mine. Love this thing!

20160504_195808_zps8vqj1ydl.jpg
This is mine as it stands now. I want to run 33 12.50s and a 5 inch lift with c&t beams and soa in the back. I'm trying to figure out what will yield the best ride.

I like that a lot, but those are the big 95-98 which do have a bunch of holes drilled into the fender, rear door, and quarter panel. I have pictures in my thread showing the holes in the rear sections. I bought 99-01 fenders which already had the front fender holes.

I learned from that the 95-98 fenders have the holes located differently for the different flares. That doesn't affect you and the 91-94 fenders. The best way to mark the holes is to make a template from an existing fender, rear door, and quarter panel. If you want those fender flares, I'd hunt one in a JY to make templates from.

Back