2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit

Sounds like your ecu thinks you have park assist and is looking for sensors. Do you have park assist?

No

Could the car the donor PCM came from have this set in the PCM and thus causing this on my vehicle which does not have the park assist feature? If this was the case, how can this be disabled? Would doing the PCM reset connecting the battery terminals for 10 minutes be the next step? How should i proceed? So regarding the P1000 code and the information provided, would it be correct that once the OBD monitors get back into ready status, the wrench should go away?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No

Could the car the donor PCM came from have this set in the PCM and thus causing this on my vehicle which does not have the park assist feature?
Definately. I’m not sure if a ford dealer can flash a different setup into it or not.

Definately. I’m not sure if a ford dealer can flash a different setup into it or not.

Ok so would i be correct to say that the wrench icon lighted up on the instrument panel is due to PCM code P1000 and as stated by the information providec by ForScan that the vehicle has not gone through 1 full cycle of the OBD monitors in “ready” status?

Ok so would i be correct to say that the wrench icon lighted up on the instrument panel is due to PCM code P1000 and as stated by the information providec by ForScan that the vehicle has not gone through 1 full cycle of the OBD monitors in “ready” status?
I would definitely drive it for a week or so and see what happens.

Yep that is the plan of action.

I just started up the truck to take a ride and the center display lights up “park aid appears and its neither on/off and when i try to see if the arrow appears to select “off” but it does nothing andno arrow is present as it should be to make a selection

Can Forscan let me turn it off?

Yep that is the plan of action.

I just started up the truck to take a ride and the center display lights up “park aid” appears and its neither on/off and when i try to see if the arrow appears to select “off” but it does nothing andno arrow is present as it should be to make a selection

Can Forscan let me turn it off?

It would have to be disabled in the programming. Forscan can edit the software now, but unless you know where in the code pretty much your only option is having a dealership hook it up to a computer and programming it. Shouldn't be any more of a charge than an hour of shop time.

It would have to be disabled in the programming. Forscan can edit the software now, but unless you know where in the code pretty much your only option is having a dealership hook it up to a computer and programming it. Shouldn't be any more of a charge than an hour of shop time.

I managed to obtain through Ford the module build data (As-built) using the vehicle’s VIN and through ForScan i have access to the As-built data of each module. Looking through the IC module data there are numerous differences in each of the codes

Considering that my stock PCM was replaced with a used unit, would it be safe to edit all modules and enter rhe data as per the As-built data sheet Ford has provided?

I have coded/flashed BMW DME’s but not a Ford PCM and would appreciate any input to know if its safe to do or if anyone can pinpoint what exactly needs to be edited for the disabling of the park aid function

Upon request i can make the As-built information

I managed to obtain through Ford the module build data (As-built) using the vehicle’s VIN and through ForScan i have access to the As-built data of each module. Looking through the IC module data there are numerous differences in each of the codes

Considering that my stock PCM was replaced with a used unit, would it be safe to edit all modules and enter rhe data as per the As-built data sheet Ford has provided?

I have coded/flashed BMW DME’s but not a Ford PCM and would appreciate any input to know if its safe to do or if anyone can pinpoint what exactly needs to be edited for the disabling of the park aid function

Upon request i can make the As-built information
Don’t quote me on it but I don’t see why the as built image wouldn’t be safe. It is after all the vehicles correct image.

Don’t quote me on it but I don’t see why the as built image wouldn’t be safe. It is after all the vehicles correct image.

Hi Gdgiordano

Yea, it sounds logical and i have reflashed BMW engine computers per BMW VIN specific firmware and have never had issues but this is a Ford and i don’t want to end up bricking the PCM and having another nightmare getting someone to fix it

Hi Gdgiordano

Yea, it sounds logical and i have reflashed BMW engine computers per BMW VIN specific firmware and have never had issues but this is a Ford and i don’t want to end up bricking the PCM and having another nightmare getting someone to fix it
Yea. I’d carefuly go for it, but I’d be nervous.

Hi to all

The “park aid” comes up on the mini display of the instrument cluster when i put the transmission into reverse gear. As indicated previously there is no arrow to select between “on” and “off”

. Not sure if this is normal but when i put the ignition into the “on” position the lights come on as normal and i see the “4x4” light come on and quickly turns off but then the wrench light comes on. My truck is not 4x4 and does not have “park aid”.

Still waiting on the evap monitor to get into “prepared” mode. Runs great by the way

Hi to all

The “park aid” comes up on the mini display of the instrument cluster when i put the transmission into reverse gear. Not sure if this is normal but when i put the ignition into the “on” position the lights come on as normal and i see the “4x4” light come on and quickly turns off but then the wrench light comes on. My truck is not 4x4 and does not have “park aid”.

Still waiting on the evap monitor to get into “prepared” mode. Runs great by the way
I take it you didn’t flash it?

I take it you didn’t flash it?
No not yet. Would all modules have to be flashed or maybe just the IC and possibly thegeneral module?

Could use a Ford flashing expert to chime in and shed some light into this before doing anything

My 2010 has the park assist on off flash up when in reverse as well. Doesn’t seem volentary
No not yet. Would all modules have to be flashed or maybe just the IC and possibly thegeneral module?

Could use a Ford flashing expert to chime in and shed some light into this before doing anything
Ah ok. Sorry I can’t be of more use.

My 2010 has the park assist on off flash up when in reverse as well. Doesn’t seem volentary

Ah ok. Sorry I can’t be of more use.
Hey thanks. I appreciate your interaction

We will figure this out

I bet I know what the problem is. :laugh:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back