SYNC 3 latest version | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Actually the 3.0 rollout has begun. Check your owner site and get it from there. Not all vehicles may have it yet. I imagine the site has pretty heavy traffic right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually the 3.0 rollout has begun. Check your owner site and get it from there. Not all vehicles may have it yet. I imagine the site has pretty heavy traffic right now.
Thanks for that info Jason. I checked my account and the download is there. Any idea how long the actual update in the vehicle takes?

Peter

Just looked at my Ford Owner website and it shows Ver 3 for Sync 3 is released. I just downloaded it. Will not have a chance to install it until the 1st when I get home.

Thanks for that info Jason. I checked my account and the download is there. Any idea how long the actual update in the vehicle takes?

Peter

I need to grab a flash drive to install it, but here is what Ford has to say regarding the update:

SYNC 3 should automatically initiate the software update installation process. Once it starts, wait for the update files to completely install.
Installing the update files to SYNC 3 should take about 30 minutes.

Do not remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle while this update is in progress. Shortly after installation has begun, SYNC may quickly display “Installation Complete.” Ignore this message. It refers to a specific phase of the installation, not the overall update process. The system will reboot, which takes several minutes. Do not attempt to use SYNC during this time. After the system reboots, SYNC will display a pop-up requesting the owner set up Automatic System Updates, please press “Ask Me Later”.

Approximately 10 minutes later (timing may vary per update), SYNC will display “Installation Complete” and request the owner to remove the USB drive from the USB port and perform a complete ignition cycle.

It is now safe to remove your USB drive and turn off your vehicle. The vehicle is required to be completely off for at least 5 minutes.

NOTE: Once you have successfully installed the software update in your vehicle, you will need to re-pair your phone with SYNC.

I believe that is what it said about the 2.3 upgrade as well. It took mine about 15 minutes. I guess I'll try it in a couple days when I have a 25 minute trip to take. It took 3 attempts to get V2.3 to update.

Peter

Just installed official release 3.0 via USB on both my 2017 Explorer (which was still on 2.2) and my 2017 Fusion Energi (which was already on 2.3). Each one took around 20-25 minutes from beginning to end with no hiccups. :dpchug:

So far, everything looks good, though I'll know more in the next few days as I run everything through their paces.

The only odd thing so far is that after updating both owner.ford.com cars with their respective XML files pulled off the USB flash drive, the Energi now shows it's running 3.0, but the Explorer is still waiting for me to tell it I've updated, even though I've uploaded the proper XML file three times and gotten the Thank You page. Oh well, if that's the worst problem from this exercise, I'll take it.

Updated to 3.0 over USB last night. Went quick and flawless. Took about 15-20 mins.

Don't notice anything new other than a new Sirius logo.

Wasnt SYNC3 sold entirely on the premise that vehicle owners would no longer have to deal with USB drives and waiting for files to load?......wasn't it all supposed to be seamless, and invisible to the customer through WiFi?

Just installed official release 3.0 via USB on both my 2017 Explorer (which was still on 2.2) and my 2017 Fusion Energi (which was already on 2.3). Each one took around 20-25 minutes from beginning to end with no hiccups. :dpchug:

So far, everything looks good, though I'll know more in the next few days as I run everything through their paces.

The only odd thing so far is that after updating both owner.ford.com cars with their respective XML files pulled off the USB flash drive, the Energi now shows it's running 3.0, but the Explorer is still waiting for me to tell it I've updated, even though I've uploaded the proper XML file three times and gotten the Thank You page. Oh well, if that's the worst problem from this exercise, I'll take it.
Thanks for noting the time frame to update. I wasn't successful at updating my account using the XML files when I updated to V2.3. Each attempt came back as "unsuccessful" but a few days later my account did show the update. Suspect the update was reported via WiFi as the Explorer is parked in the garage.

Peter

I have the latest version downloaded to my dropbox if anyone needs a second site.

Wasnt SYNC3 sold entirely on the premise that vehicle owners would no longer have to deal with USB drives and waiting for files to load?......wasn't it all supposed to be seamless, and invisible to the customer through WiFi?

It probably works over WiFi for most but in my specific instance, I updated a 2016 Explorer from MFT to Sync 3. Ford doesn't recognize my vehicle as WiFi upgradeable and I have to use USB.

I was previously an early adopter to the version 3 build number 17276. I was finally able to download the "official" version 3 update from the Ford owner site on 3/18/2018. It would only install using the USB port in the center console. Once it processed, the screen revealed that I already had the latest version. Anybody seeing a similar result?

I was previously an early adopter to the version 3 build number 17276. I was finally able to download the "official" version 3 update from the Ford owner site on 3/18/2018. It would only install using the USB port in the center console. Once it processed, the screen revealed that I already had the latest version. Anybody seeing a similar result?

I’m sure everyone with the version 3.0 already installed will see the same message you are getting...every update looks at your current version before installing.

You could downgrade to 2.2 and then try the new 3.0 install.

Is version 3 build 17276 the OFFICIAL version 3 available for download from Ford now? If it is, then I guess I'll just stay where I'm at. If not, then perhaps I'll attempt a downgrade to 2.2 (if I can find a the software somewhere?) and then do the OFFICIAL version 3 upgrade as 15Limited suggests.

Is version 3 build 17276 the OFFICIAL version 3 available for download from Ford now? If it is, then I guess I'll just stay where I'm at. If not, then perhaps I'll attempt a downgrade to 2.2 (if I can find a the software somewhere?) and then do the OFFICIAL version 3 upgrade as 15Limited suggests.

I just got the same thing as you, showed Updating SYNC Software across the top screen banner for 5 minutes then it popped up saying I'm already running the latest.

The only downside is we can't plug the USB back into the Ford Owners website to provide install confirmation to the Ford servers.

So we will always show an update waiting.

in owner ford i was download Sync3 3.0 JR3T-14G381-AL 437MB. This update is update request download fast have link to download

Does anyone else get the following message every time they start the car?

"SYNC can check for updates when connected to a Wi-Fi network."

It then gives the options to view networks or close. I went into the settings and turned off Wi-Fi but the message still comes up.

Does anyone else get the following message every time they start the car?

"SYNC can check for updates when connected to a Wi-Fi network."

It then gives the options to view networks or close. I went into the settings and turned off Wi-Fi but the message still comes up.

Yes, every time I start up........I thought it was a bug in the early v3.0 SYNC3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SSM 47049 - 2018 Various Vehicles - SYNC 3 - SYNC WiFi Update Message Displayed Every Key Cycle
Some 2018 Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 and a 6, 8, or 10 inchscreen may show a pop up message every key cycle that states "SYNC can check for updates when connected to a WiFi network". To remove the inconvenience of the pop up the customer can either connect to a trusted WiFi network to complete theset up process or turn off WiFi in the WiFi settings located under the Settingsmenu. Adjusting the setting for the customer is not a warrantable defect.

Back