2015 3.5 ecboost mis shift in "sport" mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 3.5 ecboost mis shift in "sport" mode

Kikinz24

Reaction score
City, State
Youngstown, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer base
I have a 2015 piu with the 3.5 ecoboost. I did a center console swap with shifter. It's been wet and snowy here. So I haven't really gotten into it.. well today the first time I really got into it I put it down into the M. Or sport gear.. and gave it a go .clean hard Accel first shifted at 6500 rpm into 2nd. Hard pull in 2 nd.. but didn't shift into third right away it felt as though it hit a review limiter came down a few rpm accelerated and sjifted at 6500 .. ... Has anyone else had this before? I've had it happen on my SS Camaro with paddle shift when I didn't upshift fast enough . But never had the issue just putting it in the sport mode and pusshing the pedal to the floor.. and I must say all out this thing scoots for a 5000 lb SUV lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see this sometimes on my tuned '16 XSport. The 1-2 shift is weird/slow at WOT, but the rest of the shifts are crisp.

I see this sometimes on my tuned '16 XSport. The 1-2 shift is weird/slow at WOT, but the rest of the shifts are crisp.
It's not really much of a slow shift it's like it bounces the rev limiter and then shifts I've only seen this happen on GM cars when you're using the paddles and don't hit the paddle fast enough

Back