What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 72 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Damn! Let me know how it goes. I got mine coming in on the 11th and having installed on the 14rh.
I emailed Rock Auto last night, so I should hear from them tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That’s where I ordered mine from! I hope I don’t have problems, too.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They've already sent me a return label. I have to return both fronts since they're sold as a set, and then they'll send me replacements.

Today's mini adventure, new weatherstrip between the front and rear doors!

IMG_20180408_151237[1].jpg

IMG_20180408_151134[1].jpg

During my oil regular oil change, transmission fluid and coolant were flushed and change, also. everything else looks good at 94,000 miles.

Some disappointing news as my PowerStop Brake System has been delayed and won't be delivered to me until 4/18 so I had to push the install out to 4/21. On another note, i've been looking at radar detectors for some time now and boy oh boy have they technologically advanced.

After asking in differenct forums, doing my own research i decided to go with K40 Electornics RLS2 because of one huge factor and that was their advisor/consultant Brian. I barraged him with a million questions about radar detectors and their competitors and he answered every one of them truthfully never desparaging another brand and only talking highly of them.

He gave me the features, advantages and benefits of the detectors they have as well as his competitors and I chose his because of his excellent customer service and the fact that they will pay for my ticket if i get one in 2 years using their product. Pretty impressive.

I wanted to get an integrated one but didn't want to spend $1500 - $2500. This portable wasn't cheap neither nor was it outrageous.
fullsizeoutput_4568.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_456a.jpeg
tBDhNCycRROyvpbewI0n7Q.jpg
GgUG%Y6QQI20QssmOL4JzQ.jpg
Rco7aDcJQWaHDJdaVrjEbA.jpg
RRh069dYR121OCNqUyk1Tw.jpg
gNXnkfm8R1iNiexZumjFSg.jpg

Some disappointing news as my PowerStop Brake System has been delayed and won't be delivered to me until 4/18 so I had to push the install out to 4/21. On another note, i've been looking at radar detectors for some time now and boy oh boy have they technologically advanced.

After asking in differenct forums, doing my own research i decided to go with K40 Electornics RLS2 because of one huge factor and that was their advisor/consultant Brian. I barraged him with a million questions about radar detectors and their competitors and he answered every one of them truthfully never desparaging another brand and only talking highly of them.

He gave me the features, advantages and benefits of the detectors they have as well as his competitors and I chose his because of his excellent customer service and the fact that they will pay for my ticket if i get one in 2 years using their product. Pretty impressive.

I wanted to get an integrated one but didn't want to spend $1500 - $2500. This portable wasn't cheap neither nor was it outrageous.
View attachment 157512 View attachment 157513 View attachment 157514 View attachment 157515 View attachment 157516 View attachment 157517 View attachment 157518
Love the radar but also keep in mind most states now use Lidar and your Radar detector will do you no good. I paid over $400 for my ALP Lidar detector and it has saved me at least 4 tickets I also use a STir Radar Detector for some of the old school city's I might pass through. I had a Radar detector and got a $400 ticket and had no idea till I did a little more research. Turns out the officer was using a Lidar gun. The Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - Welcome to the Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Great forum with some great info. Best of luck and the ride is looking great like always.

Love the radar but also keep in mind most states now use Lidar and your Radar detector will do you no good. I paid over $400 for my ALP Lidar detector and it has saved me at least 4 tickets I also use a STir Radar Detector for some of the old school city's I might pass through. I had a Radar detector and got a $400 ticket and had no idea till I did a little more research. Turns out the officer was using a Lidar gun. The Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - Welcome to the Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Great forum with some great info. Best of luck and the ride is looking great like always.

Thanks, my friend. I’ve been consulting with friends of law enforcement and wanted to get the K40 system with laser diffusers but didn’t want to invest $2K into that.

I use the Waze app and with the radar, I think I’ll be okay. I drive relatively smart and safe but every now and then like to hear my Borla exhaust growl and see what my tune can do on the highway. :p

Well, today was fun...full Powerstop HD brake kit installed, and changed the center caps on the wheels from silver to black.

Everything was fine until we went to connect the brake line to the last caliper, and found the threads in the hole damaged. We had to take the fronts off and reinstall the old ones until I can get a replacement caliper.

I also went through almost 2 liters of fluid doing a complete flush. Some of that was lost to leakage while messing with the bad caliper.

View attachment 157434
View attachment 157437
View attachment 157438
View attachment 157436
View attachment 157439
View attachment 157435
View attachment 157440
View media item 775View attachment 157441

I have these on my Tacoma. Cheaper than factory, but nothing to write home about.

I have these on my Tacoma. Cheaper than factory, but nothing to write home about.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Please add the model year to your profile. Thanks.

Peter

Thanks. It's already on my profile.
It isn't showing in the margin. It just says Ford Explorer XLT which is all it shows in Year, Model & Trim Level: in your profile.

It isn't showing in the margin. It just says Ford Explorer XLT which is all it shows in Year, Model & Trim Level: in your profile.
OOOH you're talking about me adding my Tacoma as well, right?

Almost stock...but with tinted windows......
HVavG.jpg

HVs38.jpg

HVdrU.jpg

HVNKq.jpg

HVQUg.jpg

How did you color match the black plastic trim around the bottom? Wrap or paint? Can't tell if thats stock ruby red or if all the red is a wrap

How did you color match the black plastic trim around the bottom? Wrap or paint? Can't tell if thats stock ruby red or if all the red is a wrap
When I first saw the Ex I thought it was totally repainted instead of being the OEM Ruby Red. Still not sure.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wanted to share my $20 ebay shark fin antenna with everyone. I feel it’s a great comparison to the visual garage one for less than 1/4 the price. I haven’t noticed any reception loss with my normal FM stations. Sorry for the photo quality, I was trying to take them before dark.

DB7391B1-0858-4ABF-9A5E-FD182FFDAFBD.jpeg

F36C5E4E-9D3D-4773-91D6-58F2530ECA27.jpeg

09BAF426-2105-4C29-A7BD-8F2D1FC30C8E.jpeg

A778DD1F-8BEF-448A-984C-E5C946AA4B1F.jpeg

Back