1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    01STrunner
    Last Activity:
    November 21, 2017 at 3:10 PM
    Positive ratings received:

Post Ratings

Received: Given:
    Like 12 1
    Thanks 3 0
    Useful 0 0
    Disagree 0 0
    Birthday:
    December 14
    Mechanical Designer

01STrunner

Well-Known Member, Male

Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer
    01STrunner was last seen:
    November 21, 2017 at 3:10 PM
      1. Chato308
        Chato308
        How similar is your Sport Trac to the 3rd Gen explorers? Debating on buying either a 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen to SAS. I've been following project LazyBoy but he hasn't posted in a while and didn't go into as much detail as the Mountaineer project. My specific questions are the transfer case
        1. 01STrunner
          01STrunner
          There's quite a bit different between a 3rd gen Ex and a ST. The 2nd gen is more similar to mine.
          May 24, 2017
      2. Jackson9373
        Jackson9373
        have you ever had to replace your rack and pinion?
        1. 01STrunner
          01STrunner
          Nope, until I did my SAS and used an F350 steering box custom fabbed in.
          May 24, 2017
      3. Jackson9373
        Jackson9373
        I was lifting my truck today and I am 80% sure that i ****ed it up because I placed the Jack stands where i shouldn't. My question is, how can i tell if i bent the beams underneath the truck?
        1. 01STrunner
          01STrunner
          Where'd you place the stands at? I'm assuming you are talking about the rear axle? Did you have an alignment done after the lift? Tires balanced?
          July 8, 2016
        2. Jackson9373
          Jackson9373
          I did not have an alignment done or the balance because i know for a fact that they are both shit and i need to get it done asap. I placed the jacks, i want to say in the middle of the truck on both sides. I drove it around yesterday and it seems to be fine but now i am leaking power steering all over the place. I knew i had a leak problem but now it just got worse :(
          July 9, 2016
      4. KajunBndit
        KajunBndit
        I ws just wondering because I can't view other members albums or profile and keep sending me to the elite explorer subscription. Thank you!
      5. KajunBndit
        KajunBndit
        I need help please, I was wondering if you can tell me if I am still a paying member of explorer forum or not. I think it has been awhile that I had subscribed but don't know if it had expired. Thank you very much.
      6. KajunBndit
        KajunBndit
        Can you send me a picture of where you have your wire ran please. I looked @ my truck and there are 2 possible places that I could run mine but it isn't rubber boots, it either rubber that had turned hard are plastic boots.
      7. KajunBndit
        KajunBndit
        Catching up reading posts, Man I missed reading the post, I think I caught up by now. Now I am working on my center console and almost done sanding everything down, should be a few more days maybe 4 tops.
      8. KajunBndit
        KajunBndit
        Hey there STRunner, I just wanted to say hello man. How are you?
    • About

Birthday:
      December 14
      Mechanical Designer
      City, State:
      Greer, SC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
      Country - Optional:
      USA
      Vehicle Specs:
      YES
      Engine:
      4.0L V6
      Year:
      Transmission:
      Jasper remanufactured transmission
      Transfer Case:
      stock
      Front Axle:
      D44 HD from 1988 Grand Wagoneer
      Rear Axle:
      stock
      Lighting:
      stock
      Tires:
      35" BF Goodrich KM2 MT
      Wheels:
      17X8.5" MB Wheels TKO
      Communications:
      Cobra CB
      Accessories:
      Warrior 153 Shackles, 3" PA Body Lift, Black Painted Cladding, Lots of cutting
      N/A

N/A

Signature

Here's a link to my Registry
      Here's a link to my SAS Registry
      Here's a link to my Tow Rig (6.4L F350) Registry
      "This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link."

We Support Our Troops!