Recent content by 01STrunner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 01STrunner

1. 01STrunner

Transmission Crossmember Redesign Questions

Here's the best pic I can find of it right now. I can't find the group of pics I took that day anymore.
  2. 01STrunner

OEM Hard Bed Cover Replacement

It’s a custom SAS/SOA setup. If you click my SAS registry link in my signature you’ll see more info and pics on it. If you wanted a much cheaper option, click my regular registry and you’ll see pics when I had just a 5” lift and 35s.
  3. 01STrunner

Running boards rock sliders

Looks good! I wouldn't trust them being bolted to the body to hold the entire weight of the truck, but the extra support from the tubing will definitely help to keep them sturdier than the 3 mounts that come factory and will hold up a lot better over time on trails.
  4. 01STrunner

ford 2002 sport trac steering wheel on off control cover came off

The cruise control button? If so, the rubber is separated, and your best bet is going to be replacing them. They're pretty cheap and easy to replace.
  5. 01STrunner

Which ABS Sensor is it? Which Scanner to use?

I have a cheaper Actron OBD2 reader that also read ABS codes. It's a function that should be listed if it is capable of doing so.
  6. 01STrunner

'02 S/T Cruise Control Switch Cover replacement

The switches are cheap (can get them off Amazon for ~$20) and it takes 20-30min to install them. The switches I bought came with new wiring, but I just reused my factory wiring so I didn't have to route new wire around the steering wheel. There are plenty of videos that walk you through and the...
  7. 01STrunner

Newbie question

For the WJ, yes. I think I found the kit for my 350 cheapest from Amazon.
  8. 01STrunner

Extended Travel CV Axle Half Shafts

Those are a neat idea. I'm curious how long they'll last in use.
  9. 01STrunner

Suspension rebuild kit

If you go with Moog, make sure to get their higher end series. The low end is a value brand that isn't any better than the other cheap things it seems.
  10. 01STrunner

Newbie question

For new rotors and pads, I would suggest going with a Powerstop kit. They're fairly cheap and pretty good. I put the Z36's on my F350 and the regular set on my WJ with good results on both.
  11. 01STrunner

Looking to keep stock height and more of an aggressive wheel and tire .

15s are hit or miss with whether they will fit on these trucks. Most will, but some will not clear the front calipers. It is best to test fit on to make sure. That said, there are a lot more tire options in 16s and 17s as I found out trying to find a good AT for my XJ.
  12. 01STrunner

3rd Brake Light for 2004 Sportrack XLT -- where is the Connector ?

I've heard that it is pretty far under the headliner. However, I have never tried to find it myself, and most people have just cut off the connector that is right there and spliced in the wires for the new light. All I did was replace the existing bulbs with LED bulbs on mine.
  13. 01STrunner

Body lift kit for a 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 automatic?

Performance Accessories p/n 70023 is what you need.
  14. 01STrunner

Off road bumpers 03 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT

Yup one of the guys on the ST Facebook works for them and they have decided to produce them for our trucks. I can’t remember when he said they’d be available on the website, but it isn’t a long time from now
  15. 01STrunner

01STrunner's Sport Trac D44 SAS/SOA

Upped to 37s last August and haven't been able to do a whole lot of wheeling on them, but definitely a noticeable difference in clearance from the 35s. Still learning the limits as I go slow over stuff and then end up clearing it by a 6"... Had some miscellaneous issues here and there like body...
Back