Recent content by 04sd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 04sd

1. 0

Chop Top....

I actually sold the chopped BII a few years ago and built this Ranger on a two door Explorer chassis. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9970648@N06/sets/72157623357391357/ My daughter and now son drive it in high school. I have an idea for a full chop on a BII with a removable pickup cab, maybe...
  2. 0

Front end clunk?

Wow, this is an old thread. On my BII it turned out to be the axle twisting in the radius arm on the drivers side. I thought the bolt was tight but it wasn't. I actually put a small tack weld on the radius/axle joint and the clunk stopped. Don't remember anymore how I tighten the bolt but I...
  3. 0

Snow plowing?

Anyone have pics of the plow mounts on a 1st gen Ex? I want to modify the mount from my '90 BII to fit a '91 Ex frame and would like to see a factory set up if possible. Thanks. BTW, here's the plow on my BII... And here's the '91 frame it's going on...
  4. 0

94 ford explorer front end clunk.

Read this... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287596&highlight=radius+arm+bushing+replacement
  5. 0

'91 vs '94, engine/trans changes??

A very good idea.
  6. 0

Sounds like the '91/'92 setup is the simpler way to go w/out the egr. I actually have a '92 for parts also (left over from my BII swap a few years ago) which is more reason to stick with the '91 harness. That said, would there be any advantage to using the egr and/or dual O2 sensor setup...
  7. 0

Can anyone give me a brief rundown on what the changes were between '91 and '94 on the engines, A4LD, wiring harness, computer, etc? I've got one of each as donors for a powertrain swap into an old Ranger and want to find out what to watch out for mixing between the two. The '94 engine is...
  8. 0

Will a 2nd gen dash fit in a 1st gen truck?

That would be it. I really only have room for one toy at a time so I had to clear out the stable for the next project :)
  9. 0

I don't always go for simple. Just look at my BII... http://www.flickr.com/photos/9970648@N06/sets/72157600761070252/
  10. 0

I'm actually working on an '84 Ranger but I think I'm just going to use a 1st gen Explorer for everything. Keeps things a little bit simpler. Maybe for the next one I'll use a V8 Explorer to swap everything into a Ranger or BII.
  11. 0

Thanks. That was the idea behind it, to take everything out of a wrecked truck; engine, trans, transfer case, dash, wiring, etc.; and swap it into an older truck.
  12. 0

The title sort of sums it up, will a second generation dash fit in a first generation truck. I'm not really worried about brackets and such just the physical size and fit. Like is it wider, or is the curve at the windshield different. Thanks.
  13. 0

The Sherrod Bronco II Convertible!!!???

No kits, you need to build your own. Real Broncos have tailgates :)
  14. 0

89 grill question

Fenders, hood, bumper, grill,....
  15. 0

89 grill question

The entire front clip would need to change, from the cowl forward.
Back