Recent content by 08EddieCA | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 08EddieCA

1. 0

removing pass side valve cover 4.0L

I remove the front passenger tire and reach in w a 27mm wrench removing the egr tube at the exhaust manifold. You can lift off the intake manifold w the throttle body remaining attached to the intake manifold. The two heater hoses behind the valve cover can be disconnected and moved to the...
  2. 0

Throttle body

My MAF cause a ton of drivability issues. Once I replaced it all seemed back to normal. Edit: what’s going on with those green wires near the MAF?? Lol… (Go Rams!)
  3. 0

06 ford explorer xlt instrument cluster panel replaced with a mountaineer of the same year now wont start need help plz and thanks

Dealer should not charge too much to get this done right the first time with success vs buying and trying to utilize aftermarket scanners that really do not have the capabilities of what the dealer techs have access and training with to solve your problem. The PATS does a good job of making sure...
  4. 0

5R55S Transmission woes

In my experience my issue or main focus of the rebuild was the quality of the machine work on the case addressing the servo bores. The parts used to create the “new” bore sleeve may also have some impact. For me the issue has been shifting into Reverse. I also paid for a new/rebuilt TCU along...
  5. 0

Throttle body

The connector used on my four blade sensor attached to my throttle body was WPT1293. Under an 08 Ford Explorer on Rockauto you can see the connector and also see the throttle body pictured under Throttle Body tab.
  6. 0

2004 Explorer grinding

For the work and time involved adding my vote for buying and pressing in better bearings. I bought them cheap and the pair lasted 12 months. Too much work to not buy better bearings.
  7. 0

Rear (RH) Timing Chain Tensioner - Anyone recognize this part# TC.40.A.302 40

I had not been able to verify if my tensioner was a Ford part. Based on the unsealed bag containing that part I would say it’s Ford part. Thank you for the update. Manual tensioner looks very interesting.
  8. 0

5R55S Transmission Fluid Temperature Gauge

That's right... perfect.
  9. 0

Its a M10 x 1.0 thread. Sorry for the delay.
  10. 0

I did. It was easy. My trans was out on the bench. There's a heat shield that will give you trouble. Mine works great. I have GlowShift guage. I installed it simply to know what the actual temp of the trans fluid is at any give moment. I had to add an extender to give me more room.
  11. Rod knock?  Lost oil pressure.

Rod knock? Lost oil pressure.

Pulled the bottom end apart. This is what most bearings look like.
  12. 0

April EF Lottery

Safer at Home in Los Angeles is not the best of times. I had time to remove the trans on my 2003 RWD base XLS for a front pump rebuild. It wasn't too difficult to remove and reinstall. What's with the run on Toilet Paper? I just don't understand. Liquor sales are up 55% for the month...
  13. 0

2008 Torque Converter compatible with 2003 Automatic Trans

Thank you!!! Best news of the day for me. Cheers.
  14. 0

2008 Torque Converter compatible with 2003 Automatic Trans

I looked and I cannot find a straight answer. I have a 2003 2wd v6 explorer that I just had freshened up due to a nagging external head gasket leak. The 2003 Torque Converter is failing. It sounds like a rattling can. Will my torque converter from my old 2008 Automatic Trans v6 explorer...
Back