Recent content by 14-EXPLORER-548 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 14-EXPLORER-548

1. 14-EXPLORER-548

Aftermarket wheels

Thanks expoman55. The only other thing I know I would really like to do to it is some color matched egr running boards.
  2. 14-EXPLORER-548

Rearview Camera Problems

I had some time this weekend to look into my camera issue further and found that my camera wire prong in the wiring harness was smashed down and almost broke off under the headliner by the gate. The plug was also zip tied together because the catch to hold it was broken. This all must have...
  3. 14-EXPLORER-548

Rearview Camera Problems

I had my 14’ Explorer at the dealer this week to reprogram or replace my back up camera and they are telling me they believe I have a wiring issue. They couldn’t reprogram my camera so they tried a known good camera and couldn’t get that one to work either. They told me I have power at the fuse...
  4. 14-EXPLORER-548

Aftermarket wheels

24x9.5 +33 offset 275/30zr24 no rubbing yet. I am lowered on H&R FLex springs. Tires don’t have a lot of clearance but, not sure if I could fit anything larger.
  5. 14-EXPLORER-548

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

My headlights are not smoked. I pulled the clear lenses and painted the chrome inside. I did smoke the orange turn signal covers and reinstalled them. So to answer your question, no it does not seem to affect the brightness.
  6. 14-EXPLORER-548

TPMS sensors showed up Friday so I was able to get the wheels mounted up today. (Ignore all the bugs on the car)
  7. 14-EXPLORER-548

That’s what I’m hoping for. All my tires should be here by Thursday. However, my TPMS sensors are showing Monday. So it might be another week before they are mounted.
  8. 14-EXPLORER-548

Well my wife hates the idea of the big (24”) wheels painted purple because she says shes not a 16 year old kid. I’m hoping to have the tires mounted up next weekend as long as everything shows up by then. The wheels are currently black so I’ll upload photos of them before they are painted.
  9. 14-EXPLORER-548

Will definitely do. There will be a lot of haters I’m sure but I love having our explorer stand out from the others in a parking lot. I just hope the tires I ordered don’t run or it will be a waste of money.
  10. 14-EXPLORER-548

I love the look of your wheels! I was planning on doing a red theme on my wife’s explorer back in the day when I painted all of the emblems but ended up going with purple instead since it’s her favorite color. I have new tires and TPMS sensors already on the way for her new rims. I also have...
  11. 14-EXPLORER-548

I ordered some used bucket seats that I finally got installed tonight. It took 3 attempts before finally getting bucket seats and not another 60/40 bench. I’ll try to get a better photo soon. My wife strapped our little one in her car seat and didn’t even notice lol. She was super excited after...
  12. 14-EXPLORER-548

I believe his photos are on the prior page.
  13. 14-EXPLORER-548

At this point I guess I will take my chances. It would probably take me about 2 hours to make the small reflector area see through so maybe in another month or two I will revisit them. The purple accent I will fallow my Mom's advice "if you can't say anything nice don't say it". As far as the...
  14. 14-EXPLORER-548

I don’t know what the requirements are on that. I almost left the side reflectors tinted where you could see them like the brake and turn signal that I left but decided that surely the lights on the side of the tail lights would work for me. I could always go back and redo just that part later...
Back