Recent content by 1stXLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 1stXLT

1. 1stXLT

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Well, today I experienced this for myself for the first time. I am not sure it was (CO) but it was a definite exhaust odor while I was merging into freeway traffic and forced to "floor it" which is not my normal driving habit. The odor was strong enough to make me open all my windows for a...
  2. 1stXLT

do I actually have a tow package?

Here is some info on the differences... http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/02/ford-beefs-up-t.html
  3. 1stXLT

looking for honest opinions on 5th Gen Ex

I thought I might add my thoughts here even though I have only had my Ex for 4 months now. I am happy to report I have not had any issues with my XLT 3.5 NA. Everything works as advertised so far and I hope it continues to do so.
  4. 1stXLT

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

One Explorer was a job and was actually the first vehicle I've ever clayed - I can't imagine doing 3.
  5. 1stXLT

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

^^Looks great.^^ I just finished washing, clay barring and applying The Chemical Guys Carbon Flex C9 followed by Butter Wet Wax. I think it looks good...It got too dark to tell. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.
  6. 1stXLT

Modifying My New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited

@Fetch... Looks great! I'm sure you have been anxiously waiting... Enjoy!
  7. 1stXLT

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

I haven't used that particular cleaner but have tried what I believe is a product that appears to be very similar with great results. My daughter bought a used Chrysler 300c SRT with some nice but really cruddy rims and used this product with great results...
  8. 1stXLT

2016 Limited Headlight Issues

Hmm. monikers matter?
  9. 1stXLT

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

I'm curious how they determined that from your VIN. Did they say?
  10. 1stXLT

Uncomfortable front seats

I guess I agree with MartinF. I'm 5'9" and the seats in my XLT adjust to me really well. I haven't gone on any long trips but have been on several 2 to 3 hour drives with no discomfort. Not sure it is relevant but it seems this thread has more sport and platinum trim owners than xlt. Just...
  11. 1stXLT

towing package myths ??

Here is some interesting info also. http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/02/ford-beefs-up-t.html
  12. 1stXLT

towing package myths ??

Not to argue - but here is the FordEtis report for my 2017 Ex with factory equipped class III tow package...
  13. 1stXLT

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

Mine had some spots too from the car lot. I actually got them all off the paint and trim using Liquid Glass car polish. I used the Liquid Glass cleaner first then the Liquid Glass polish. It worked well on the black plastic trim and the paint.
  14. 1stXLT

2016 / 2017 bug deflector / hood protectors

Yeah it uses the 3M tape. The only gap is the thickness of the tape - roughly 1/8" to 3/16". Like I said I'll be sending it back because I don't want to stick it to the paint. If you like the Weathertech I'll make you a good deal on it.
Back