Recent content by 2000XPLORERSPORT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 2000XPLORERSPORT

1. 2

Rear Diff ??

Ok sounds good! Thanks again guy's for all the help & info!
  2. 2

Rear Diff ??

Everything seems to be good so far as the rearend goes. I put about 100 miles maybe a little more since i changed the fluid. no leaks or weird sounds. So i'm just gonna stick with it & hope it lasts for some time.
  3. 2

Rear Diff ??

Ok, i will break the plug loose and retighten it snug. Yea when i had all the bolts and fill plug out, i let them soak in brake cleaner for a couple hours. Then i peeled off any old rtv sealent that was on them. Wiped them off with a towel real clean. The threads were so clean i was able to...
  4. 2

Rear Diff ??

Yea the plug looked like it had red loctite or something on it. I saw in a video the guy used some blue loctite. Yea the plug was hard as h*ll to loosen! I used a 18" long 3/8 breaker bar,lol.
  5. 2

Rear Diff ??

Ok i finished it up yesterday. I pulled the cover sunday and let all the oil drain. I checked the fill plug & there was a little bit of metal on it, not bad though. Same with the oil, didn't notice any metal shavings in it. The gears & bearings looked fine. I jacked up one end of the rear end at...
  6. 2

Rear Diff ??

Ok thanks for the great info guys! yea the day i heard the noises as i was accelerating and smelled the burnt metal, it stopped once i got up to speed. then i drove 18 miles after and i heard or smelled nothing. when i got home i jacked the rear up and got under it and felt the diff all around...
  7. 2

Rear Diff ??

I have a 2000 explorer 2-door 4.0l ohv. i replace the diff fluid some years back just for maintance. well i have been noticing it looks wet & i can see little drips under the cover. i think it might be from when i jack the rear up i put the jack unger the diff and the jack head pushes up on the...
  8. 2

Squealing from belt/pulley?????

Yea, could be. it looks like the belt it going around straight, but it probably don't take much to make a squeal.
  9. 2

Yea last time i had the belt off i spun each pulley, tensioner, etc.....And i checked if any of them would move side to side. If i remember correctly, the ac pulley had a little squel when i would turn it by hand. But yea, no leaks. I could try running it with belt off. I also saw a video of a...
  10. 2

I got a 2000 explorer 4.0 ohv. for years i would get that dreaded high pitch sound from the belt. now sometimes it was just from getting wet from car wash etc..... then the tensioner went bad. it would get stuck in the out position and not give when you gave it gas. so it put too much tension on...
  11. 2

I got a 2000 explorer 4.0 ohv. for years i would get that dreaded high pitch sound from the belt. now sometimes it was just from getting wet from car wash etc..... then the tensioner went bad. it would get stuck in the out position and not give when you gave it gas. so it put too much tension on...
  12. 2

Starting/battery issue????

ok, i'll keep that in mind. do some research. thanks!!!!
  13. 2

lol, thanks guys!!!!
  14. 2

yea i mean i see regular batteries pretty cheap. but im picky,lol. pretty much gotta be an optima!
  15. 2

yea somewhere around that age. i had a 1992 explorer with a big stereo system and air ride so i had 3 optima red top's at one time. after i got rid of the 92 explorer i put one of the optima's in my 2000. back then a optima red top was like $120-$125.00. now at autozone there between $238.00 &...
Back