Recent content by 2006EBV8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 2006EBV8

1. 2

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

I currently have the ESP on my 2012. It is due to run out at the end of this year. I would like to continue it to some degree. Would Joel be able to help out on that?
  2. 2

06 v8 power steering

Well I feel like a goof!!!! Come to find out it was the ribbed pulley that I didn't know about. Heck of a lot cheaper tan a pump!
  3. 2

06 v8 power steering

Thanks for the response, i can source the part. I guess my main question was how hard is it to do. Going in through the wheel sounds logical. Is there a special bleeding procedure. With reservoir up high i would think the air would be easy to get out.
  4. 2

06 v8 power steering

I have searched and not really found any info on replacing pump. I am DIY'er and would love to do this myself. If any of you could point my nose in the right direction would be great! Thanks!
  5. 2

Temp gauge pegs

I had a Ranger 4.0 did the same thing, bled air from system solved it.
  6. 2

2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer Overheating?

Problem solved, after many hours diagnosing changing computer, thought it was electrical problem, the thermostat was the culprit. Goes to show the simplest things can cause the biggest issues.
  7. 2

Electrical Ground locations

The reason I ask is this all stems from my false gauge reading on the cluster of high temp. I talked to a family friend who has been a Ford tech since the mid 60's. He said ground issue or cluster. I want to check all grounds before replacing cluster.
  8. 2

Electrical Ground locations

Is there a ground behind the a/c controls?
  9. 2

Ok so I went to the radiator shop today. I know the folks, checked all out, replaced coolant temp sensor. No over heat issue, till you turn on A/C. Infrared temp scanner shows 180 at the thermostat housing. Not building pressure on top hose. Turn off A/C temp falls back to normal. I think I read...
  10. 2

The temp is fine without the a/c on, it only rises when I switch it on
  11. 2

Mine has a new radiator water pump and t stat, along with the temp sender. No air in system. Has been fine for months, just started this. Fine as long as we don't turn on a/c. Is there a relay that partially engages the clutch fan to compensate for the a/c condenser heat? If there is I would...
  12. 2

I too have an overheat issue on my 06 V8. Normal temp till you turn on the A/C. Temp goes up, A/C off temp goes down, fan kicks in hard when temp goes up. I have the electronic fan clutch as well. Could I replace it with a non electric one?
  13. 2

factory radio mix

Have you tried to fix the display, there is a post on here how to do it. seems simple going to do it to my 06 EB
Back