Recent content by 2013PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 2013PIU

1. 2013PIU

2013 PIU Modification Questions

Do not do the intake. I had it on for a couple of days before taking it off. It was noisy and annoying with no power gain, possibly even lost power... For the subwoofer I was surprised to find a positive power point behind the plastic panel behind the rear passenger side. It has a red plastic...
  2. 2013PIU

Rectangular part missing from inside of liftgate

It's a simple access panel. Mine fell out too but luckily I found it in our apartments parking lot a few days later.
  3. 2013PIU

Loud beeeeeep when accelerating hard

From the vid it looks like it starts right at 25mph. The beep sounds like a max speed warning I heard when I rented a Focus that had MyKey settings set to 65 mph limit. Is it possible it's in valet mode :dunno:
  4. 2013PIU

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

If you have the leather boot, push it down, and close it with zip tie from the bottom. Now you have a soft phone pocket.
  5. 2013PIU

How many miles does your 5th gen Explorer have?

2013 Interceptor Uility 3.7L 199,000 on the clock still running like a champ
  6. 2013PIU

Where Should I Plug This Dashcam?

I tapped mine into the map light. It was easy enough to pop out and even had space to hold the disassembled 12v adapter that came with the camera. This video shows how to remove and install the light (also shows how to install Led maplights, which I did too). It's really easy to run the wires...
  7. 2013PIU

Have you checked your PTU fluid level/replaced your fluid?

If you can share, what was the cost of the fluid change?
  8. 2013PIU

Foam removal from rear of PIU

It may offer a tiny bit of protection as the foam blocks slightly secures below the crash support bar but it could easily be pulled out. It does surround the spare wheel and supports the 3rd row floor cargo mat. You're right, with it removed (and the spare tire) there's a ton of room for...
  9. 2013PIU

How to: Adding OEM 12V outlets to your post-aftermarket equipment FPIU (and fixing your horn)

For the shifter cutout, I just inverted it the leather boot, put a zip tie on the bottom and now it's another pocket for your phone. :D
  10. 2013PIU

How to: Adding OEM 12V outlets to your post-aftermarket equipment FPIU (and fixing your horn)

If you ever decide to get an oem center console with harness it will replace the center and side trim pieces you purchased, and retain two 12 volt charging ports. I still had to remove that lower bracket you mentioned too. Does the auxiliary and USB port work on yours now? I was able to sell...
  11. 2013PIU

2013 PIU, Ford says can't change PTU fluid?

They sent me a screenshot of the service notes saying the fluid should never be replaced, even with 195k miles I have on it. After speaking with a few more advisors he said they needed special order parts and it would be $757 to drain and replace the fluid. :censored: Guess I'll let it be.
  12. 2013PIU

2013 PIU, Ford says can't change PTU fluid?

Just dropped off my 2013 to have the rear toe links replaced under the recall and requested that they also change the PTU fluid as it wasn't done with the last transmission flush. The service advisor just called to say they can't change the fluid as there's no drain and fill plug. Is this true...
  13. 2013PIU

2016 PIU has no Bluetooth capability

I settled on an easy Bluetooth/fm radio/USB charger adapter. Connects super fast automatically, it's small, and has clear sound.
  14. 2013PIU

Hi New Member question about 2013 explorer police utility

Not sure I'd be too concerned about the water pump as there's only been a few instances with several hundred thousand Explorers sold. I picked up my 2013 for $5500 (govdeals auction) with 189k on the clock. First thing I did was put in the center console and had the tranny fluid flushed. Found...
  15. 2013PIU

Air intake and filter

It would be the K&N Filter 77 Series High Flow Air Intake Kit - 77-2575KS.It's made for the 3.5l motor. But again, it's a waste of money IMHO with no gains and unbearable noise.
Back