Recent content by 310rm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 310rm

1. 3

M5R1 Reverse Light switch

I owe you a beer
  2. 3

Roscoe, you were right. It IS the neutral switch. smdh Thank you!
  3. 3

I didn't think manual transmissions have a neutral safety switch. The switch I'm looking for mounts on the passenger side of the tranny, true. From what I've been able to find out, the switch is open and when you put her in reverse the ball gets pushed in and that actuates the reverse lights. I...
  4. 3

Hi, I need to replace the reverse light switch on my 91 Ranger V6 4.0L 5 speed. The problem is I think the trans may have been switched out before I bought it. The new part that is listed as compatible with my truck has finer threads on the switch (pic on the right with red plastic). Here is a...
  5. 3

91 Ranger 4.0l Manual Transmission

That looks exactly like it. Thanks so much! I appreciate your time and help, Bill. Have a good one
  6. 3

Hi Bill, I did remove the stick shift before dropping the trans. Is that bushing a necessity, or can I get along with out it? I've had a heck of a time trying to identify it but was thinking it came from the trans, so maybe that's why. I don't like doing things half-***ed but if I can't find a...
  7. 3

Here is a better pic of the tranny
  8. 3

Hi, I had to replace the slave cylinder on my Ranger. Had to drop the tranny to get to it. In order to drop the tranny, I separated the transfer case from the transmission and when I was got them separated, I noticed a very thin, now mangled washer lying on the driveway. Ford dealership wasn't...
Back