Recent content by 3xowner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 3xowner

1. 3

2000 EB 4.0SOHC is Lean P0171, P0174 after I did a bit of engine maintenance...

give me a few hours and I will write up a better description...
  2. 3

OBD no power... which fuse controls it?

i found that it was fuse #17 that was blown which is only listed in the owners manual as being for the cigarette lighter left of the radio. I must have replaced the fuse years ago and took it down to only 7.5 amp fuse as I was charging phones and tablets with that port. went back to a 25 amp...
  3. 3

OBD no power... which fuse controls it?

2000 Eddie Bauer 2 WD 4.0 SOHC .... the check engine light just came on and when attempting to scan for codes, I have no power at the OBD port. the fuse diagram really doesnt say... can someone comment?
  4. 3

Need advice - need to replace fuel lines going to both fuel rails - ford discontinued part

So FINALLY I got the bracket bolt out. I didn't feel that my standard craftsman 1/4 inch rachet was going to do it, as I ran into difficulties at the junk yard by being to big and not being able to angle it. Went down to harbor freight and pick up 3 different 1/4 rachets each having a certain...
  5. 3

Air Compression when closing Read Hatch

So I take it that you are referring to the lower torx screws on the rear hatch glass window. You may want to inspect the hinges to see if they stripped out in their threaded wells. A recent trip to the junk yard, well nearly all hinges had been removed. It's probably due for new ones. I had one...
  6. 3

Need Advice... best approach to replace fuel line pipe along engine

in the diagram you can see two flanges for both rails, each has two 7mm bolts. I am not sure how say how the 98-99 4.0 SOHCs are, but this is how 2000-01 4.0 SOHCs are. I do not believe it is feasible to move or loosen the AC compressor per se by itself based on how the top bolts / nuts are for...
  7. 3

As in the part picture/ diagram the line/pipe has flanges that double bolt into the rails. I am not certain how how years run the fuel line to rails but for 2000 and 2001 this is how it is on the 4.0 sohc
  8. 3

if coming in from the wheel wheel, did you have to loosen up the bracket for the PS pump and ac compressor? without that stuff being pulled away from the engine, i had faced an unwinnable battle trying to get a socket on it from the wheel well. and trying to get a wrench on, geez... my 3-4 inch...
  9. 3

so i damaged my fuel line pipe on my 2000 4.0 SOHC while doing the upper left timing chain tensioner. the line, pipe, runs from the left side bank where it connects back to the run from filter to near the exhaust manifold, has a bracket which bolts to the left side block, and then runs up...
  10. 3

Need advice - need to replace fuel lines going to both fuel rails - ford discontinued part

Well an update, I was lucky enough to find a 2001 XLT with a 4.0 sohc at a junk yard here... What a pain in the ass to get good access with a proper tool to loosen and remove the fuel lines bracket bolt behind the ac compressor. I am going to post another thread to discuss the repair and best...
  11. 3

it does appear that Explorer and Mountaineers for 2000 and 2001 that are 4.0 SOHC are the only ones using this. Rangers with 4.0 SOHC do not use this part.
  12. 3

Thanks 410Fortune, In checking fordpartsgiant.com based on what part number I got from the dealer, XL2Z-9E964-AD, it appears that this fuel pipe was only used on 2000 and 2001 Explorers with a 4.0 SOHC and possibly only after 1-1-2000. Mine was built in May of 2000. Proper fitment can be...
  13. 3

I believe I eed to replace my fuel line near the passenger side, right bank, near the end of metal mesh line near mounting flange to to injector rail. The line starts somewhere below the left bank and runs first to the left bank, then has a pressure test fitting then runs to the right bank...
  14. 3

URGENT ! Need to know what sensor / wiring is

Thanks. I guess I was thinking that, but wasn't sure. Thank goodness for this forum as I posted it too on Facebook in explorer groups... the responses were crank and cam sensors which I just couldn't believe at all.
  15. 3

URGENT ! Need to know what sensor / wiring is

Urgent! Need to find out what sensor/ pigtail wiring this is for. 2000 Eddie Bauer explorer 4.0 sohc with eatc and 2wd. The sensor appears to be located in the middle to back of the top of the engine block. It has a bold straight down. The wiring the runs forward to behind the tstat housing...
Back