Recent content by 410Fortune | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 410Fortune

1. 410Fortune

It happened again, another Explorer followed me home.

Mine was $3500 in 1988 it was a 1976 bmw 2002tii with the fuel injection removed and a Webber carb. It has been restored and traded in to a Mazda dealer. My dad bought a 88 rx7 turbo from the Mazda dealer and said he had a son almost 16 they called him when they got a good trade. I saved for two...
  2. 410Fortune

It’s too nice 2014 4 door like new w 22k miles on it. Hard and soft tops. We had the wireless ignition module go out recently… that was fun. Jeep put a wireless module between ignition switch and starter, it is used for the remote start feature. When it fails it is a dealer only item as it just...
  3. 410Fortune

Solved No overdrive after intake job... *UPDATE 4.22.2024

Ahhh the old holes in the accordion section of the intake tube! I’m sure you would have gotten some lean codes after a few drive cycles Well done! Smoke test for the win Marked this thread solved A Huge thank you for Coming back and posting the solution
  4. 410Fortune

Potential issues when disabling ABS on '99 ford explorer

I delete the abs from my personal vehicles. I cannot stand the pedal pulsing abs they put on these trucks, i like to control my own brakes Just personal opinion I make brake lines to plumb around the abs pump and remove the whole thing from the truck. Cost $20 I blackout the light bulb in the...
  5. 410Fortune

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

They failed how? Like you broke a main leaf or they went flat? What was the fix new springs?
  6. 410Fortune

Help with timing chain parts for v6 SOHC 4.0L

I would run the manuals from day one No slack not ever But if you want to run some hydraulic ones first I would use new. They don’t have to be ford but they should be decent. Still they will need to pump up so you should prime the oil pump at the very least
  7. 410Fortune

Wrote a guy yesterday on a $400 02 sport up here in north Idaho it needs a trans w only 100k miles on it? I’m looking for a sport to be my sons first rig, he is in drivers Ed now. My dad saved a 14 Jeep wrangler 4 door to give to him if he is a good student but we all agree he cannot have the...
  8. 410Fortune

2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD progress and maintentance

This is posted on the wall in my shop. Your chart above is correct
  9. 410Fortune

Help with timing chain parts for v6 SOHC 4.0L

Once you do it a time or two removing the 99 upper plenum to get access to that tensioner is no biggie it takes about 20 minutes. I can totally see the logic in using the hydraulic ones first But the manual is not that difficult to setup so don’t overthink it
  10. 410Fortune

Core support information decals

Well guess what I just ordered some decals as well, I need a set So I went to the link and filled out the form It does not clearly say on their front page that they will ship your order and you will be invoiced Once you hit the “order sticker” button and enter your info They ship your...
  11. 410Fortune

Core support information decals

No pricing? And they just sent the stickers? Never got any payment Info? That’s crazy they must think you are a body shop
  12. 410Fortune

Help identifying a part

Everything means the engine and trans Or everything means the dash? )all the lights and gauges) If the engine is cutting out dead then I suspect the eec relay or fuel pump relay If you lose the whole dash then it is an electrical connection usually at battery cables or fuse Box(es)
  13. 410Fortune

My 2000 Explorer 4 door XLT

I know I was teasing they should all be pushrod v8 Gen ii explorer too heavy for the old 4.0 overhead valve
  14. 410Fortune

The fill plug was Mia!?!?!? That’s crazy
  15. 410Fortune

Oil Pressure

Oem lifters were superior to these aftermarket dudes, melling makes the best aftermarket ones but that does not mean your Builder chose the good expensive ones The ticking will Mushroom the end of the effected pushrods and wear a pocket into the rocker arm, every few years you can just replace...
Back