Recent content by 4pointslow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 4pointslow

1. 4pointslow

My 2004 Explorer

Dono, Good to hear from you! That Mustang looks like a lot of fun, and easier to work on is a definite plus. Parts are easier to come by too. The fusion has had great reviews, the hybrid is the way to go to save fuel. Full electric vehicles don't seem to fit into our lives like the Hybrids do...
  2. 4pointslow

My 2004 Explorer

Good bye 2004 Explorer. It's time for change.
  3. 4pointslow

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

Evil is going to look even more..... Evil! I can't wait to see it when it is done!
  4. 4pointslow

Odd Electrical Issues

This post was moved here from another thread for the same vehicle, so it doesn't seem to make sense. In the other post it was stated that lights were staying on and the liftgate would not open from any input, which makes it hard to diagnose or fix. This video below is an example of a way to open...
  5. 4pointslow

To the mod community

Changing out the wheels might help make it look less of a police cruiser, if you have those black steel wheels with chrome center caps. Of course, then you would have to do without the strength of those wheels, which I heard can withstand a pretty hard impact and not break. One day I was coming...
  6. 4pointslow

To the mod community

I got this hood scoop from Ebay. Its an aftermarket, Mopar look a like, bolt on fiberglass hood. It covered up a hole in a junkyard hood that I cut to clear a Ford Lightning supercharger I had on there for a while. When I installed the GT500 supercharger I was able to put my stock hood back on...
  7. 4pointslow

My 2000 XLT Explorer 4 Door

Today I had the day off and I drove to a nearby park and took a walk. When I arrived back at my truck it would not start, it would not crank over at all. The theft light was out so I knew it wasn't a PATS problem. Battery voltage seemed to be there as everything else worked and I made sure it...
  8. 4pointslow

Check for vacuum leaks.
  9. 4pointslow

If I remember correctly, the pins are different. I cut my old ev1 connectors off and soldered on the new ev6's. They make adaptors, but I'm sure they will cause problems down the road when they come loose or something to that effect. I would not use them unless your injector connectors are easy...
  10. 4pointslow

Looks easy to get to now! LOL. Great idea that might help working on this to be a little easier. Why do you think the headers keep cracking?
  11. 4pointslow

My 2000 XLT Explorer 4 Door

Yesterday (6/17/2023) I installed a front differential pinion seal. (Mileage 147,643) This had been leaking for quite some time, and I had topped off the fluid once to keep it from self destructing . I used this factory pinion seal installer and it worked flawlessly. I obtained this tool when...
  12. 4pointslow

P0401 - Replaced Entire EGR System

Wait, something isnt right. You said you have an integrated DPFE sensor. If you do then it also has an integrated EGR solenoid.(but it is listed separately on your list of parts) Can you take a picture of the egr valve and post it here to eliminate any confusion. I will try to help as best as I can.
  13. 4pointslow

P0401 - Replaced Entire EGR System

I have seen the third to the last possible causes (hoses reversed) that caused a P0401 that was hard to diagnose because all parts were new. When a situation like happens you fall back on what could have gone wrong. If the hoses are installed backwards the voltage will go down towards 0 instead...
Back