Recent content by 4rd Xplora | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 4rd Xplora

1. 4rd Xplora

Infamous Door Ajar

Some months back, I had the same issue, I followed the YouTube video and found I had two broken wires in the driver's door, both were black, one thicker than the other, that added about 15 minutes to the work time finding the matching ends. Added some length to both. No problem in almost a year.
  2. 4rd Xplora

Adjustable Pedal Question / Help

Does anyone know if the adjustable pedals were standard on the '05 E.B's?
  3. 4rd Xplora

3rd Gen Winter photo contest

Not much to this, but it was in central Texas :)
  4. 4rd Xplora

Rear Axle Bearings

No problems here. Right side lasted about 170K (IIRC), left made it to 193K. Replaced the fronts for the hell of it. Still runs and drives like new, with no leaks, no rips or tears in the interior, and that is the main reason there's not a 2024 Raptor sitting in my driveway. She may outlast me...
  5. 4rd Xplora

Saying goodbye to my 2003 NBX

I know the thread is beyond ancient, but this member owned two of the rarest Explorers ever made at the same time. I mean some folks had never even heard of these models more less seen them. And both of the units in fairly rare colors. Not alot of us can claim that.
  6. 4rd Xplora

Solved Want To Thank Members Here

The Big Explorer finally fell victim to the infamous "door ajar" light. Many thanks to members here and a YouTube video. A couple of wires (black) broke in the harness between the driver's door and the body, which members here had posted as a possible cause many times, pointed me in the right...
  7. 4rd Xplora

Brake Rotors

I've been running the StopTech slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads as someone stated earlier in this ancient post. Seems to be a a pretty good working combination.
  8. 4rd Xplora

Leaking 05 Explorer sunroof!

I'd check the drain tube also. I've been pretty lucky with my sunroof. I've owned my 2005 Eddie B for a little over three years. Looks like the previous owners had garages and took care of it above and beyond regular maintenance which seems to include servicing the sunroof. I've cleaned the...
  9. 4rd Xplora

Almost Some Mountaineer Bling

Wish I could find the white tails to go with these grilles
  10. 4rd Xplora

Harley Edition Explorer?

And 20 more horses.
  11. 4rd Xplora

Explorer harmonic balancer

Trying to find where I said it was a NEW idea. I was simply stating how lucky I was at 22 y.o., with very little knowledge of how a car worked at the time, that the car didn't start and maybe do some damage to components in the engine bay. This happened over 50 years ago but I'll go over my post...
  12. 4rd Xplora

Explorer harmonic balancer

But please, don't do it like a dumb 22 y.o. kid that put a breaker bar on the nut, checked the GTO's engine's rotation, mounted the breaker so it would loosen the bolt and bumped the starter. All these years later I still think how lucky I was with that idea.
  13. 4rd Xplora

S-197 Wheels

Well, decided to do it. Kinda looking for a set of owl 245/60-18 tires instead of an all black tire. No hurry though.
  14. 4rd Xplora

Comment by '4rd Xplora' in media 'torque wrench old days'

Still use mine from time to time.
Back